grocery question!

Options
2»

Replies

• KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like Scottish beef! The stuff is just magical lol. I've never tasted beef so good in my life! I didn't eat much beef until I moved here, now I can't get enough. Even the beef south of the border in England isn't this good. I guess the grass just tastes better here :wink:

Yes! We spent a month in Scotland last summer (we have had some amazing trips the last few years, mostly due to working abroad) and the beef was most excellent. And your bacon is OFF THE CHARTS YUM too! Not sure how it is made differently, but it is more like ham and so much better. I ate a ton of it on that trip. New Zealand also had the best eggs I have ever had, I think that is most likely due to their chickens being raised organically for many generations. The yolks were so deep orange, and the flavor was amazing. No wonder NZ'ers put eggs on everything. I have yet to find anything even close as good in the US. For months I tried various sources, even bought straight from a farm, but nothing was as good. Oddly, the only protein I had trouble with outside of the US is chicken. Don't know why, but I didn't like the subtle flavors.

OK... sorry for going off topic. :-)

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm in OH and they've always had lamb around the holidays, recently I've seen it on a more regular basis (actually just scored a couple lamb roasts on mgr's special - $4 per lb... Woot!). I haven't seen it ground, but my grocery store will grind anything up for you, no extra charge. Talk to someone at the meat counter and see if they ever carry it.