Doing a 5k tomorrow - please give me day before LC/HF food advice

Options
2»

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations. I know on long hikes and bike rides I always wonder if I can do it and if my body will shut down like it has done on a high carb diet. Today I went on a 6 mile hike after a high protein breakfast (egg and egg white, Canadian bacon and coffee) I was fine and did take a Quest bar with me in case of blood sugar drop. I am feeling so much stronger on a low carb diet.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I only had a cup of bone broth before my 5K today. Finished in record time (for me). :)
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    5k is not that far. Even on a "regular" diet it isn't enough to warrant a carb load, really. I do duathlons and don't eat anything different the day before or morning of. I figure if you're keto adapted, you're carrying your fuel with you already. No need to load up (which means no crash, either).
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    @hazleyes81 Thanks, Posted the question and used the advice and did very well.

Was concerned because of a couple reasons; my age, one hour time change and knew i needed to get a few answers.......was concerned about getting light-headed or vertigo but no negatives occurred , feeling thankful to have met such great ppl here.
  • erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Love hearing this!
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome, glad to hear it went so smooth. Well done!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Even before going LC/HF, kept up with Mag/Pot/Calcium
    so having those broth drinks often since 1/6 is now a habit. Sometimes it's the boulllion in hot water and sometimes bone broth----this is so strange to say but that combo 100% cuts the need for snacks or any hunger.

It's a rich and filling taste, anyone new here does well to read what is right at our fingertips, this forum and the pals who answer are extra helpful, ......now today moving around is slow but that is only the yucky arthritis.

Pants are fitting loser and that's a plus.