Struggling with exercise and keto

yablomx10
yablomx10 Posts: 34 Member
Hi, everyone.

I've been straight Keto for 90 days now. I've been Keto on and off for the past year. In the past year or so I've lost about 25 lbs and that's it. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.. The thing is, I like to exercise. I don't want to give that up just because it might kick me out of ketosis. I like walking, usually 2-4 miles at a time and biking mostly. Is this what is keeping me from losing? I would LOVE to lose another 50lbs. I'm currently 180 but I would be content at 150. I'm really just feeling discouraged at the moment.. My numbers add up when I track my foods, and I track everything so I just don't quite understand why I'm at a stand still. Please feel free to take a look at my diary if you'd like.

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Any changes in how your clothes fit ? I'm wondering if you are going through a recomp phase.
  • yablomx10
    Not really anything noticeable to me. My upper body seems to have changed a little over the past few months, but not much budging around the waist, etc.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited March 2016
    Try reducing carbs, keeping below 100 grams/day.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I doubt exercise is kicking you out of ketosis. There could be something else going on. How much are you eating? What are your macros?
  • yablomx10
    My macros are:
    Carbs: 19 grams/5%
    Protein: 75 grams/20%
    Fat: 126 grams/75%

And my calories are 1,510.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have found that MFP overestimates calories burned, and underestimates calories consumed - a double whammy. If you print out your report, then take the totals of each of the 3 macros, multiply carbs and protein by 4, and fat by 9, then add them together, the actual total you get will be approx. 100 calories more than what the report's total calories are!!!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    The macros look fine. Just keep at it. Sometimes it takes a while for things to start moving again. I've had whole months where my weight didn't move at all. Then, without changing a thing, it started going down again. You can't control these things.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    I looked at your diary, looks like you had either increased the carbs or had cheat days. Why are you on and off of keto?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Exercise can't kick you out of ketosis; if anything it burns through any glycogen you might have on board.