Zero Calorie Sweeteners

Options
Wonderwomanvik
Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
Has anyone experienced an intolerance to zero cal sweeteners?
I can't put them in my coffee. I can't eat sugar free foods. I can't use any sugar free products. This is new in the last month.
I have a sweet tooth and crave sweet foods. Now, the only way to get sweets is by using full calorie foods. I really need any advice or help anyone can give.

Replies

• AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've had luck with truvia. If you can't do any sugar free, try "no sugar added foods" or something with a low glycemic index like agave nectar or something similar. I have a WICKED sweet tooth as well. I didn't have these cravings prior to my new lifestyle...odd lol
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Options
    Thanks. I'll see if I can tolerate agave. I'm pretty sure truvia is one I've tried.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've had issues lately with my body wanting me to cut back on the amount of Splenda that I use. For instance, I have always put two Splenda packets in my coffee but now I can't tolerate but one. I have heard people switch to Stevia or Truvia with success so I'm trying that out but it's weird how your body just starts telling you, "Enough!" of something.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Most of the sweeteners are cut with corn starch. It's possible you could have an intolerance to corn. *shrugs* Just a thought.

I use Monk fruit, 0 calorie sweetener in my coffee. You need a drop or two, and for me, it has the least aftertaste.

Good luck!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Options
    So... I tried agave and definitely not a good one. I can't use stevia, truvia, Splenda or any synthetic sweetener. I haven't tried monk fruit yet!