Needing support for weight watchers

Options
MiMood1
MiMood1 Posts: 11 Member
Hi there! I just joined WW (meetings) March 3. Last Thursday was our 2nd meeting and I had only lost 1.2 lbs. I thought I had done so well....
I bought the smartpoints calculator and the book "Shopping Guide' and also the book ' Eating Out Guide". I have been perfect in my eating this week not eating anything until I find the point value and making better nutrition choices.
I need to start walking because my metabolism has stopped over the years, but fibro makes it challenging to stick with a routine.. although I am not giving it up...
Looking for a place for encouragement and support, advice on using MFP and WW together,
WW recipes, etc....Especially since I have never done WW before.
I've come to the time in my life I have GOT to do this, and for my health... I have at least 35 lbs. to lose, 40 would be even better, but I could live with 35 easily!!

Replies

• mhetzel1983
    mhetzel1983 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like you are doing great so far! 1.2 lbs is excellent! For recipes, I like www.hungry-girl.com. For some recipes she has the smartpoints value but everything has nutrition information you can use. She has some great recipes for when you want comfort food without all the fat. I just made the slow cooker pot roast this weekend (4 smart points) and it was delicious!! Another good site is www.emilybites.com. Very weight watchers friendly. Keep up the good work!
  • ShadowsMouse
    ShadowsMouse Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try to minimize or straight up eliminate all sugars (including fruits), breads and grains for two weeks then bring them back gradually. That will help your body reset and get metabolism back on track. Walking is great exercise; would it be possible to get to a pool? The water adds resistance while being being low impact.
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It bugs me a little that fruit is free....I wonder if there is a limit to how much someone can eat....lol.... I ate probally way more watermelon then I should have ... I love love love it.....lol....
  • angel157A
    angel157A Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1.2 pounds down is a great result! WW sets an expectation of losing 1/2 to 2 pounds per week, on average. Keep up the good habits of tracking and you will continue to be successful!
  • Limon421
    Limon421 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's what I lost last week. That's good.
  • KimMarshall10
    KimMarshall10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @hershey038 I also am following WW and struggling with fibro!! Keep at it. Stay positive. We can do it x
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I joined WW in June and so far really liking the program. Losing weight, learning about portion control, and still getting my cravings satisfied. The Connect community on WW is a great place to learn new recipes or find new foods to try. I log into MFP on occasion for the community and learn as well. I just don't log foods, don't want to log twice and WW logging has been pretty easy. I hope you're doing well!