ketogenic diet

Options
mopogue
mopogue Posts: 5 Member
Hello all,
I noticed that this group was started in Feb, but no one has posted anything. I thought i might get started. I started a ketogenic Diet mid February and I have lost 22 pounds so far. The easiest weight I have ever lost. Of course I miss carbohydrates such as rice, bread, and pasta but I love how I feel and how the weight is coming off. I have done every diet imaginable and was a the point of actually thinking of weight loss surgery. Thank God that I came to my senses after a friend told me about butter coffee and how she had lost 50 pounds on a ketogenic diet. I was very skeptical when she mentioned drinking this "butter coffee" every morning. I loved coffee and was willing to give it a try. Out of my usual diet planning and procrastinating I woke up the next morning and made the "butter coffee" as she instructed and I was hooked!! I started the diet that same day. As I said before, I have tried every diet under the sun, including Atkins. Although this diet is similar in that it is high fat and low carb the butter coffee is the kicker, the bullet, the saving grace! I have about 40 more pounds that I want to lose but I truly believe I am going to get to my goal this time. I am exercising without limitations, I don't feel the lack of energy from the low carbs like I did on Atkins, my joints don't ache like they used to and I can travel and easily find food to eat that is satisfying. As a matter of fact during the first 6 weeks of the diet, I was out of town 4 of the 6 weekends and still managed to lose 22 pounds. I know the weight loss will slow down but I also know that my friend stuck to it and is now down 60 pounds, the same amount that I will ultimately to lose. I feel great and already have new confidence. Hope to hear from some of you in this group.

Replies

• juliekumar
    juliekumar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Omg...mopogue. i am so like you. I tried all the doets..including Bernstein. Damn those injection. One of my relatives did a weightloss surgery and lost so much weight. I was this close to trying that.
    Today is my day 2 on diet. I hope it goes all well. It was really encouraging to read your story. Its my motivator today :smile: thank you.
  • chachachingona
    chachachingona Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my 2nd month, juliekumar. The first two weeks were really hard for me, but I stuck to it and I am down 17lbs. I haven't been tracking my calories, or exercising, I guess that's why my loss hasn't been super big.
    I've been struggling with my weight since high school, but I think this may be the answer I've been looking for. I'm actually excited for this summer:)
  • eroniger
    eroniger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs in 3 months so far on the lchf/keto diet. U find it gets so much easier as I go and I am less tempted to chest because it's becoming a lifestyle change. People will say "oh live a little" have a piece of cake. But I truly don't want the cake. I like how I'm starting to look, I love how I feel and I now know how I felt with all the sugar and carbs versus how I feel now and I don't want to go back! I've just started a low impact workout too and I feel even better. But prior to this I haven't exercised at all.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here...Whats everyone macros for keto? Is 5% carbs average? Thanks
  • HealyMeans
    HealyMeans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    new to MFP. considering trying keto lifestyle. looking for guidance and support. but is this group still active or is there another that i should look for?
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm new to it too and am looking for groups. Ideas?
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, so how do you do the “butter coffee”? Has anyone tried the “Keto creamers”? If so, how are they??