Daily check in Thread

Options

Replies

• paquitoBoston
    paquitoBoston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I went for a run instead of the shred today. I am starting to get bored with the workouts since they are always the same, and Im not even half way there.
  • saraspring7
    saraspring7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Halfway there!

dz52oqu5j6wa.jpeg

My efforts are not in vain: I've been taking my one-year-old to swim classes this past month. The first class was on Feb. 29th, to which I wore a swimsuit that I didn't wear again until today and I discovered that I had to adjust the sides and the halter ties because it was too baggy!
  • jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Level 1 complete! A bit nervous about level 2...

Well done on everyone who is halfway!
  • alka78
    alka78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Level 1 completed and half an inch lost on my muffin top. Whoo hoo! Only 1.5lbs lost, was hoping for more but then again I'm not on a strict diet just making an effort to eat healthier. Keep up the great progress everyone. Remember any exercise is great!!
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    Nice Alka! I just did day 1 of level 2 - man circuit 3 is a killer! I had to take quite a few breaks. I really struggle with anything in plank, especially when we work shoulders before. Happy that I got it done though because I was tempted to give it a miss today. Now I'm off rock climbing for a couple of days! Happy Easter everyone!
  • alka78
    Options
    Well done Jess!! 1 day completed 9 to go. I also struggled with all the plank work. Also my DVD messed up in the middle so I had to take the iPad from my screaming little girl and finish the work out from YouTube. I was suppose to go for a run, but after tennis yesterday I'm shattered. Have fun rock climbing, your shoulders will be very strong and ready for plank when you come back. Happy Easter!!
  • saraspring7
    Options
    Two more days of level two. My knee pain that I was experiencing has dissipated, thanks to purchasing a fitness trampling for the jumping cardio moves. Well worth the $40!
  • alka78
    Options
    Well done Sara. Like the idea of a trampoline. I've also done level 2, two days. Taking a break today as really sore muscles especially my arms. Too much plank!!
  • jessjphillips
    Options
    Level 2, day 2 done!
  • slunsford1120
    slunsford1120 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi. I hope I'm not to late to join. I'm 38, 5'3, 120 lbs and a mother of 3 (youngest will be 4 Wednesday). I never could quite lose all of my baby weight. I started taking phentermine almost 2 months ago and lost 19 pounds. I started the shred 9 days ago but noticed I wasn't losing anymore and seemed to be irritable all the time. So Today I stopped the phenternine! I am praying I can continue with my diet and exercise without it! I am doing 30 DS (L1D8 today) and 30-60 minutes of Zumba (refit rev - love them!!!) 6 days per week. I eat around 1000-1100 cal/day and cut out all bad foods. However, I'm just not losing anymore and don't see a big difference in toning since starting 30 DS - although it is getting easier. I want to lose about 5 more pounds and seriously tone up. Any suggestions?
  • alka78
    Options
    Well done Jess. I took a break today, one knee is playing up. A bit sore from lunges. Back tomorrow to tackle day 4.

My suggestion to slunsford1120 is keep it up. I think it takes 2 weeks before you may notice a difference. If the exercise is getting easier that is a sign you are getting stronger. Also when you tone up you gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. I suggest taking measurements and see if you are losing inches
  • saraspring7
    Options
    Finished level 2 tonight and previewed level 3. I tried out some of the moves while I was previewing it, and man, it looks challenging!
  • alka78
    Options
    Well done Sara. Are you seeing some improvements?
    Feeling a bit deflated as scales are going up, but probably more to do with diet over Easter
  • alka78
    Options
    Day 4 level 2 completed. Back to healthy eating
  • saraspring7
    Options
    Thanks, Alka78! I've lost 10 pounds since I started back on MFP about a month ago, and about 5 pounds since I started the Shred. I've also lost 1/2-1" in my measurements for each area (thighs, waste, hips, etc).
    Don't lose hope! Did you take measurements and before pics?
  • alka78
    Options
    Thanks Sara for the motivation. I need to get my healthy eating back on track. Hopefully will see inches dropping soon. Yeah I took photos and measurements.
  • emmylou8888
    emmylou8888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on level 1 day 9. I was wondering if I should go onto level 2 tomorrow even though I'm finding it hard to get through the cardio part and find myself stopping a few times during jumping jacks in particular. My body doesn't ache after the workout now. Any advice would be great
  • alka78
    Options
    Level 2 day 5 completed. Half way there!! Feel stronger but still looking for result. Back into healthy eating. So hopefully wil see something
  • saraspring7
    Options
    Day one of level three kicked my butt on Wednesday, so I took a day off from the Shred on Thursday. My abs are killing me. Those moves are brutal. Back at it tonight. I can only hope and assume that all the hard work will pay off!
  • alka78
    Options
    Well done Sara!! Level 2 day 7 just completed. Gone back to healthy eating and the pounds are dropping. I'm now inspired to go for a jog. Hope I make it round