Bouncing back after a case of the F- its.

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
Last year I had a serious case of the F-its. I think we have all experienced that on some level. I feel that it's important to share this because in this group, we need to see honesty and reality, all of it, the good and the less than good.

I was working at a job I wasn't thrilled with, I had 3 hours of commuting a day and I worked 10 hour days. I was constantly feeling drained and didn't have the time or energy to work out that I previously had. My exercise routine went down the tubes, my eating habits got super sloppy, and so did my attitude for a bit. This went on for almost a year. I am up about 20-ish lbs from my lowest weight.

Fortunately things fell into place for me. I got great job that I love, it's 20 minutes from home, they have a wellness program, lunchtime yoga twice a week (which I never thought I would do because I thought yoga was only for hippies, but that yoga stuff is serious business), I have gotten back into my old workout routine and my eating is getting back on track.

I guess why I am sharing this is because all the time I was feeling the F-its, I never really gave up deep down. I think we all that little spark in us, even when things aren't going well, and that spark is what got us to take the first step towards WLS and a better life. We just have to remember what it was that pushed us in the right direction and get back to that moment or feeling or whatever it was, and grab back on to that mindset and hold onto it tightly, because clearly we all have it in us to be successful with this!

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Welcome back on track!

It is way to easy to become complacent and give in to the old lifestyle.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Welcome back on track!

It is way to easy to become complacent and give in to the old lifestyle.

It really is! Even if we don't completely go back and even when we think it will never happen to us, it absolutely can. Damage control is harder than running interference, for sure!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats for taking charge and changing your life so you can be successful (in many ways)!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting it yourself out there! Congrats on picking yourself back up (and the new job)! And good luck on your continued success!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! Yay to a great and close new job and super yay to yoga!!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great to have you back!