Yogurt crunchies

Options
So, in a effort to eat a little better I've been "making" my own yogurt by adding fruit to plain Fage greek yogurt (not organic but it's super good). I was adding some gluten free cereal I picked up to try (made out of corn) but since I'm trying to do 30 days of Primal friendly foods I need something different to add. I tried cashews yesterday since I had some in the house but they were pretty bland. The only other crunchy foods I have all have oats in them.

So, is there anyone who eats yogurt and adds tasty things to it? If so what do you add? I want ideas! Primal friendly ones of course.

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    sliced/slivered almonds, chia seeds! i also like adding frozen fruit, gives it more of a consistency than just mushy yogurt.

I slice my bananas up, put them in the freezer, or use frozen blueberries.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I make this!!!

http://www.unrefinedkitchen.com/2011/11/10/raisin-nut-crunch-cereal/

Raisin Nut Crunch Cereal

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds
    1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
    2 Tbsp. squash seeds
    1/2 cup almond meal
    1 1/3 cup coconut
    1 cup almonds, chopped
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    3 Tbsp. coconut oil
    1/4 cup raw honey
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 cup raisins (added after cereal is baked)

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
    2. Combine all dry ingredients (except raisins).
    3. Warm coconut oil and honey slightly so they are easily incorporated. Pour oil, honey and vanilla over dry ingredients. Mix well
    4. Spread cereal mixture over large baking pan (15 x 10 or bigger) and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Take out of oven, stir mixture and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
    5. Cool. Add raisins and serve with homemade coconut milk or homemade almond milk! Store in an airtight container.
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    Thanks for the recipie PrimalRunner, I will have to try that. I have never tried chia seeds by themselves either. I've probably bought suff with Chia seeds in it. I think I'll need to go food shopping tomorrow.
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I just made this! Very good. I love honey and this gives me an excuse to eat something else made with honey :)
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    I love Lemon Curd! Trader Joes has a wonderful one but is made with sugar. Sub a regular recipe with Stevia and it's just as phenomenal as long as you're allowing egg yolks. Add some toasted coconut and almonds. Maybe a little coconut butter, aka Manna and, yum!