Coffee :(

Options
BStruble2
BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
I really miss my decaf coffee/sf creamer/stevia. It appears to instantly go through me now :(. Any suggestions other than accept it and move on?

Replies

• risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 years post op now, and I have no problems with iced decaf, with fat free creamer. In the beginning, I could only sip and wait... all good things are worth waiting for :)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Maybe skip the SF creamers, it could be that the artificial sweeteners in them don't agree with you. I use soy creamer (plain), but you might try fat free half and half.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I drink mine straight black. I did avoid it for the first few months, per my surgeons suggestion, but rarely have issues. This surgery stuff affects everyone differently, I suppose
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup of regular coffee in the morning with one teaspoon (official measuring spoon) of sugar and one tablespoon of regular half-half. I gave up artificial sweeteners/flavors a couple years ago and stopped getting headaches. Now anything with those in it tastes terrible to me and makes me feel queasy. About the half-half, I had to add some fat back into my diet (after talking to my doctor) because my skin was extremely dry and my digestive system needed . . . well . . . it needed lubing! I get about a tablespoon of healthy oil a day and eat some avocado 3x week. Makes a big difference!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    I drink mine straight black. I did avoid it for the first few months, per my surgeons suggestion. This surgery stuff affects everyone differently, I suppose

Same as anbrdr - I drink mine black too, and no problems
  • BStruble2
    Options
    Thanks guys. I love this group! I used sf creamer and stevia before without issues, but I will hold off and try again in a few months.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree about the artificial sweetners. They do a number on my system now. I can't have them at all.
    I hope you're able to have your coffee again. I love my coffee!
  • nilklynn
    nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk and Splenda. The creamer doesn't sit as well. I drink far more than I should!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Splenda and sugar-free coffeemate here. No issues. Everybody's body reacts differently post-op, though, so it's really just going to be trial and error until you figure out what works for you.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use the Fairlife fat free milk and use 4 oz. to 4 oz. of coffee with Splenda. I steam and froth the milk and make a latte. It's divine!! I kill two birds with one stone and get double the protein from the Fairlife. Before surgery I was a black coffee drinker, but I can't do that anymore.
  • MS954
    MS954 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink dry coffee mate in my coffee no problems with it
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I discovered it wasn't the sweetener, it was the way I was brewing it. Brewed coffee kills my stomach, but I can drink French press all day long. For cream, I use Fairlife 2% and a touch of Splenda to sweeten.
  • BStruble2
    Options
    I use the Fairlife fat free milk and use 4 oz. to 4 oz. of coffee with Splenda. I steam and froth the milk and make a latte. It's divine!! I kill two birds with one stone and get double the protein from the Fairlife. Before surgery I was a black coffee drinker, but I can't do that anymore.
    Awesome idea!!!