4.Group spirit challenge

Options

Replies

• BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Here. Nervous as heck as I have a job interview this morning for a role I really want (which prompted me to stress eat last night), but I'm here.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    happy hump day all
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here. Nervous as heck as I have a job interview this morning for a role I really want (which prompted me to stress eat last night), but I'm here.

Good luck :)
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Hope it went well! :)

• carisalawson
    carisalawson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm here too! I log on everyday and read what people post but I post very little. It's very inspirational to read about everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Here again

I didn't get the job. I'm pretty devastated. It was for a role in the same team as I work now, and I absolutely love my job and where I work, but I knew the interview wasn't going well when one of the interviewers looked incredibly bored, rested his elbows on the desk and leaned his head on his hand.
    I couldn't get back into it after that, I was second guessing myself, and my confidence dropped through the floor.
    I could do the job with my eyes closed too, and the feedback I got was that they also knew I could, but that some of my answers were 'disappointing'. I mentioned the fact that I assumed they were bored because of their body language, and the one interviewer said they'd feed that back to the other.
    It means I only have a couple of months left where I am now.

The urge to comfort eat is overwhelming. It doesn't help that I'm not very well right now.
    Today is not a good day. I know I need to try and get over it, but I just want to curl up and have a bit of a cry (although I'm not sure my colleagues would be impressed with that).
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here again

I didn't get the job. I'm pretty devastated. It was for a role in the same team as I work now, and I absolutely love my job and where I work, but I knew the interview wasn't going well when one of the interviewers looked incredibly bored, rested his elbows on the desk and leaned his head on his hand.
    I couldn't get back into it after that, I was second guessing myself, and my confidence dropped through the floor.
    I could do the job with my eyes closed too, and the feedback I got was that they also knew I could, but that some of my answers were 'disappointing'. I mentioned the fact that I assumed they were bored because of their body language, and the one interviewer said they'd feed that back to the other.
    It means I only have a couple of months left where I am now.

The urge to comfort eat is overwhelming. It doesn't help that I'm not very well right now.
    Today is not a good day. I know I need to try and get over it, but I just want to curl up and have a bit of a cry (although I'm not sure my colleagues would be impressed with that).

I'm so sorry that your interview went badly.

I know that the urge to use food for comfort is powerful but you & I (& most folks in this group) know that the feelings of guilt/anger/shame/disappointment, etc. that come AFTER numbing with food usually just compounds the original pain.
    Perhaps you could try to do something kind & nurturing for yourself--take a warm bath, get a massage from your partner or just curl up & read something that will allow you to escape for a few hours.
    Regardless of how the evening/week unfolds--whether you eat "off-plan" or not, you'll pull yourself up & be ok again.
    ...& you are absolutely entitled to curl up & cry a bit when you get home... :|
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here again! :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Back again

I didn't so much go off-plan last night as go off-planet! It was not a good evening, but I'm back again today, ready to try again.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am around but in low phase of bipolar cycle again so semi comatose a lot of the time
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here! Hoping that I survive this long weekend w/out going TOO crazy (food-wise)!
    Back again I didn't so much go off-plan last night as go off-planet! It was not a good evening, but I'm back again today, ready to try again.

Glad to know that you're back "on the planet"! :)

I am around but in low phase of bipolar cycle again so semi comatose a lot of the time

Take good care of yourself...glad you popped in, I was wondering where you were. <3

• sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    here
  • audrey13027
    Options
    here!
  • carisalawson
    carisalawson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Here but bad food day :(
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    30th May, checking in.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here! B)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am here. Been increasingly tired and fed up last two weeks. Cried loads over weekend and then this morning my mood skyrocketed. I am high as a kite. I have not taken anything other than my prescribed meds which are epically failing to stabilizing my mood. If I could sell my own brain's chemical high though I would be rich beyond my wildest dreams. It beats the crying thats for sure :D
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am here.. been checking in , not logging or commenting. trying desperately to get back to a good place , but this black hole keeps holding me down.. and now we ad the crappy summer humid hot weather.. I feel like i am gonna jump right out of my skin and food is making me sick again. thats what happens when i get stressed. So tired of the endless cycle of bad. Holding on by a string but I am here
  • audrey13027
    Options
    late, but here!
    katdanash wrote: »
    I am here.. been checking in , not logging or commenting. trying desperately to get back to a good place , but this black hole keeps holding me down.. and now we ad the crappy summer humid hot weather.. I feel like i am gonna jump right out of my skin and food is making me sick again. thats what happens when i get stressed. So tired of the endless cycle of bad. Holding on by a string but I am here

Glad that you are here. Keep holdin' on babe!