RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am here :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm here.
    This week has been a real struggle. I've eaten some really bad things, had alcohol, drank full-fat soda, and now I'm sitting here feeling over emotional while watching the London marathon.
    The presenter was just talking about how anyone could run a marathon if they really want to, if they put the work in, and he was saying "It doesn't matter if you can't walk to your local shop. Walk for 5 mins, jog for 5 minutes. Make a plan, work hard" etc, and it just really go to me.

Every year, I watch the London marathon, seeing ordinary people running/jogging 26.4 miles, raising millions of pounds for charity, and it always turns me into an emotional fool.
    Secretly, I'd love to run the London marathon. I've wanted to for years and years, but I think I've got more chance of winning the lottery. It doesn't quash my weird desire to do it though. I'm too scared to even tell my partner this, because whilst I don't think he'd laugh, I think he'd offer platitudes, and try to be nice when I'd be able to tell that he'd be thinking I could never do it.
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm here.
    This week has been a real struggle. I've eaten some really bad things, had alcohol, drank full-fat soda, and now I'm sitting here feeling over emotional while watching the London marathon.
    The presenter was just talking about how anyone could run a marathon if they really want to, if they put the work in, and he was saying "It doesn't matter if you can't walk to your local shop. Walk for 5 mins, jog for 5 minutes. Make a plan, work hard" etc, and it just really go to me.

Every year, I watch the London marathon, seeing ordinary people running/jogging 26.4 miles, raising millions of pounds for charity, and it always turns me into an emotional fool.
    Secretly, I'd love to run the London marathon. I've wanted to for years and years, but I think I've got more chance of winning the lottery. It doesn't quash my weird desire to do it though. I'm too scared to even tell my partner this, because whilst I don't think he'd laugh, I think he'd offer platitudes, and try to be nice when I'd be able to tell that he'd be thinking I could never do it.

I feel ya' Jen. A few weeks ago, here in New Orleans, the annual Crescent City Classic run was held (6.2 mile run for charity). A local station profiled a woman who was overweight, but walked it for the 1st time. Honestly, I found myself thinking "I could never do that". She spoke about losing 50 pounds by just getting up off of her couch & walking...I found myself near tears thinking I couldn't EVER "put myself out there" as I am. Even though it is"possible" it just doesn't seem so, not for me. I hold lots of "stuff" about my body--mostly shame, embarrassment, etc., which (of course) becomes about "me"--not being "good enough" to do these activities, or strong enough to make permanent changes to my life...all sorts of self-flagellating talk that basically (at the time) derails even the hope of setting/attaining certain goals. I'm working on it. That's the only thing that you can do, keep working on/at it.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    @BigChangeNeeded
    I often feel a bit pathetic when I see other people achieve things like that too. Makes me feel inadequate somehow like I am weak for not finding such strength and determination. The thing is though everyones circumstances are unique. For example all my strength and determination get mostly used up in choosing to live another day. If I did not find that a battle then there would be more strength and determination available for other things. I agree with Audrey all we can do is keep working on it.

My day has been rubbish too. My nieghbours vile ex kicked her door down and police came and took statements and told me I might have to go to court and testify I heard a big crash and screaming. Then I felt really bad because when I heard it I thought her kid had knocked shelves over. There is often screaming and shouting related to kids temper tantrums. I thought that it what was going on again. I did not here the man. I had no idea until Police showed up that he had kicked her door down. also my stomache has been in knots again. I am living on imodium. It has been 3 weeks now of intermittent extreme stomach upset. It is not even in reaction to anything I know i have an issue with. I had omlet for breakfast and chicken with veg for lunch then was really ill. This beyond My normal IBS. I am going to have to go to doctor and do not much fancy having tubes shoved in either end to investigate what is wrong. It is bound to involve embarrassment and unpleasantness finding the cause. But I am worried enough now that I can not put off doctor involvement any longer. I shal probably be dead before NHs figure it out.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am here and determined to get back on track. I've gained a few pounds, so have to re lose them before I am losing again!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    ... also my stomache has been in knots again. I am living on imodium. It has been 3 weeks now of intermittent extreme stomach upset. It is not even in reaction to anything I know i have an issue with. I had omlet for breakfast and chicken with veg for lunch then was really ill. This beyond My normal IBS. I am going to have to go to doctor and do not much fancy having tubes shoved in either end to investigate what is wrong. It is bound to involve embarrassment and unpleasantness finding the cause. But I am worried enough now that I can not put off doctor involvement any longer. I shal probably be dead before NHs figure it out.

Oh hun, that sounds awful. Normal IBS is bad enough, and I know how awful I feel when I get a flare-up, but to be going through what you're dealing with sounds terrible. It can't help hearing all the ruckus from your neighbours, that must be really stressful for you. I hope things pick up for you soon. Take care.

• RunawayCurves
    Options
    I rang doctor who said all my previous blood tests for blood sugar, cholesterol, liver function and thyroid came back normal. She said though that she wants to repeat the liver function blood test while I am unwell so I have to go in tomorrow for nurse to get some more blood from me. I also had to drop off my poo samples today as she requested those. Some unfortunate soul somewhere can analyze that. Annoying they could not just do blood test today but they said not. I have permission to just keep taking loads of Imodium so I stocked up on that at the pharmacy on way home and also got myself some complan food powder and some metatonic which is supposed to restore health and vitality according to the bottle. Heres hoping :) Nothing solid is entering my body today. It is my birthday tomorrow though so as I am already unwell anyway and everything goes right through me I reserve the right to gorge on cake if I feel like it.

Well done Claire for getting back on track.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    I'm here
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    So glad your not diabetic Laura. Fingers crossed everything else clears up soon and you can enjoy your birthday.
  • ClarissaCLD
    Options
    Bright and early in the UK and I'm here :D
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Checking in.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Back again...
  • RunawayCurves
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Still here and still alive just about :|
    Looks like I probably have ulcerative colitis or some other inflammatory bowel disease is doctors best guess so far still waiting on test results. I need to avoid high fiber foods and eliminate dairy apparently until it settle down. Yesterday all I ate was a pot of yogurt a milk shake and a few birthday champagne truffles which probably explained why I ended up bleeding. Would have been good to know a bit earlier that dairy was worst food I could eat in my condition. I have intermittently avoided it in past because it gives me gas sometimes and used to make acne flare up when younger. I thought with not being able to stomach solids that milk would be ok now but I was very wrong. She also thinks it could be celiac disease but says that was not on last test request list so may test for that next if other tests are negative. Then she told me to eat wheat because it needs to be in my system for test to work properly. I think I will pass on that idea at least until system settles down. She also insisted I have to keep eating no matter how ill I am. So I got some gluten free bread rolls and had one with a banana earlier. That seems not to have caused a reaction so hopefully will settle soon.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i am here.. haven't been able to be in here as much as i would like... work has been busy... things should normalize for a short bit...
  • audrey13027
    Options
    I am here!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Sleepy but here. 5 hrs of fitful sleep and weird dreams.

I'm here and I had the same !! Hate nights like that
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    28th April, back again. Feeling really tired this week, but I'm working on building up my energy levels in time for the Britain End to End challenge.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    I'm here!