Vertigo and obesity?

Options
Tudorsfan1509
Tudorsfan1509 Posts: 45 Member
Hi All! Happy first day of Spring! I wanted to ask if any of you experience vertigo? I have been trying to get help with it for over two years now. I've had blood work and multiple testing done by ent's, pcp, endocrinologist, obgyn - no one has had a real answer. They all have said its possibly because of my weight. So I'm praying that as I lose the vertigo goes away. I do have type 2 diabetes but my vertigo is random and never correlates with high or low blood sugar. I always test right after a vertigo attack.

Anyone else suffer from vertigo in this group?

Replies

• katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I suffer from it .I have for 3 years . have you been to Ear Nose Throat doctor. You may have minnears disease . I can deal with pain but vertigo kicks my butt. I have inflammation from a auto immune disease and it inmy jaw . that cause all kinds of trouble with my left ear .
    Never thought about my weight causing it
  • Tudorsfan1509
    Options
    I have been to two different ent's. I feel like I get this blanket statement of "It's because of your weight" from everyone I see. I just didn't know if vertigo caused from obesity.
  • katdanash
    Options
    Not that I know of I have friends that have it and they are not obese .
  • Tudorsfan1509
    Options
    It's so frustrating
  • katdanash
    Options
    Yes it is ! Do you take antivert ?
  • Tudorsfan1509
    Options
    Yes I do - but it doesn't seem to help much.
  • katdanash
    Options
    I'm sorry about that . wish I had the answer for you .
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Medication that didn't previously cause side effects can suddenly! Dont give up on finding an answer!!! Feeling vertigo or dizzy can really put a damper on a day
  • Tudorsfan1509
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!