Bulk - Icecream

Options
I've started a bulk. Currently weigh 158 lbs, goal is 180-185. I'm going for 1lb, or slightly lower, a week, trying to minimize how much fat I put on before I reach my goal.

Now my question is, incorporating ice cream into my calories and macros, would it make any difference to my gains as opposed to eating my regular food, since it contains a bunch of sugar?

Thanks!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Assuming your diet has a reasonable amount of nutrient dense food, there's no need to pay attention to sugar outside of your normal tracking of your carbohydrate intake. Your body uses it all the same way.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Tagging as i am curious to the see how bulking differs from cutting in terms of intake.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Tagging as i am curious to the see how bulking differs from cutting in terms of intake.

Carbs are lowered out of necessity, that's about it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream every day, whether cutting or bulking. I just eat more of it and more calorie dense ice cream at the moment as I am bulking.

Fit it into your macros and as long as you have no medical issues and are eating a balanced diet (with fruits and veggies) it will not cause a problem at all, and is an easy way to get your calories up without the volume.

1lb a week sounds a bit aggressive however. How long have you been lifting for?
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    I eat ice cream every day, whether cutting or bulking. I just eat more of it and more calorie dense ice cream at the moment as I am bulking.

Fit it into your macros and as long as you have no medical issues and are eating a balanced diet (with fruits and veggies) it will not cause a problem at all, and is an easy way to get your calories up without the volume.

Cheers for the reply. I've been lifting for just over 2 and a half years now. I've always been around the 155-60 mark with my BF being somewhere between 13-15% but I've never felt as truely dedicated as I do now. I'm happy enough with how I look at the moment but I want to set myself a new challenge.

1lb is too much you think? That's my goal but I'll be a little off that target I'm sure, but I'd like to get close to it.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Cheers for the reply. I've been lifting for just over 2 and a half years now. I've always been around the 155-60 mark with my BF being somewhere between 13-15% but I've never felt as truely dedicated as I do now. I'm happy enough with how I look at the moment but I want to set myself a new challenge.

1lb is too much you think? That's my goal but I'll be a little off that target I'm sure, but I'd like to get close to it.

Shoot for 2-3lbs/month IMO.