Dining out help/question for Texas Road house salmon dish`

Options
cruegypsy
cruegypsy Posts: 6 Member
Hello,

Does anyone know why on their nutritional information website, the Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon entree has 17 grams of carbs!? I went there for dinner tonight, after planning carefully what I was going to have, thinking it's grilled salmon with lemon pepper and butter sauce. Then when I went to MFP to enter everything, my carb counts were through the roof. I had the grilled lemon pepper salmon, a skewer of 5 grilled shrimp, and the green beans as a side. Is is possible there are several options for this dish/salmon for this restaurant and this is for another dish with breading or something? I have been unable to find any further information as to what's even in this piece of fish to make it so high in carbs....I mean it was just salmon in butter! Confused...

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Unless you're planning on eating there once a week or something, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Chalk it up to the fact that the MFP database entries are never going to be all that accurate.
    Did you know their rolls are 0 calories?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/texas-roadhouse-buttered-roll-204058955
    ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    It may have been margarine and not legit butter, as well as lemon peel/juice has some carbs, and there may have been a roux or something at the base of the sauce. They also may have marinated the salmon before cooking it. There are not telling. Green beans do have carbs, I always drop the fiber there... And the shrimp were almost guaranteed to have something brushed on them.

Overall, 17 grams of carbs is not bad for a once in a while blip, especially considering where those are likely to have come from. As @kirkor says, I'd just not worry about it. If I go over because of veggies or portions of meat, I really don't worry about it too much.

For me, this is a lifelong plan, so the occasional blip isn't going to derail long term progress, especially considering you were eating real food and not junk. Try stepping back and looking at a bigger picture. (hugs)
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Texas roadhouse butter IS definitely a mix of butter AND margarine.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    good to know! I love their steaks, but now I'll bring my own butter! ;)
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse does NOT have decent nutritional information that I've been able to find anywhere. And when I asked about it in the restaurant I was told all they had available were calorie counts. :(
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @petunia773 We should start a petition. Let's get some corporate email addresses and phone number and bombard them!!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @petunia773 We should start a petition. Let's get some corporate email addresses and phone number and bombard them!!

Good idea!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm tied up with my office move, but if no one takes point on this by the end of next week ,remind me and I'll jump back in again