Motivation accountability and support March 20 to 27

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Good morning

I did not get to post this yesterday as my day got crazy! But some goals this week:

For me,

Go for a 5 minute walk outside 4 times this week (this is a doctor recommended to help regain strength from being so sick)

Drink all my water even though there is so much yummy soda at my house!!

Resist the easter candy starting to pile up in the house and eat the healthy food we bought

Two times this week bring lunch to work instead of eating the bad choices here

Replies

• pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this week's thread! I have two main goals for this week. First, drink more water than I've been drinking. (Some blood tests I had today showed I'm slightly dehydrated.) And second, I'm going to try and fill out my food diary one day ahead, so that I've already decided what I'm eating the next day. I've never planned my eating this way, and I think it might help me with bouts of overeating, especially in the evenings. Can't hurt to try!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take walking breaks and walk the parking lot at work. Also I need to get more water. I can definitely tell I am not getting enough. I need to make my breakfast the night before so I don't have to buy out. That's the old habit that's creeping back, I need to get back on track.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to make it to 25 mins of exercise !!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Awesome goals. Yesterday i went shopping to get new shoes so i can do some walking!!
    I am at 306.2 and i cant wait to see 299.9 on my scale, it broke my heart 1.5 yrs ago when my scale moved over 300! Getting below 300 is my first big goal, i have used a million small ones to get me there! So i am now starting to think of what i want for a second big scale goal! I would like to get under 200 but thats not even something i want to consider right now!

Yesterday i fell short on water and fluids all together, need to keep those up today!!

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week
  • pnece
    Options
    I've done ok with the pre-planning goal I set. But I too have been falling short on water. (I'm doing far to well on coffee, though!)
  • steelridgekennel
    steelridgekennel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goals this week:
    Doctor's appointment Thursday: I want to be down 17 lbs from my last appointment. I need to loose 2 pounds by tomorrow (I think that can be done safely, I weigh after I eat and such, so shouldn't be a problem)
    Continue eating breakfast at home (so far so good!)
    Friday I want to go to a water aerobics class in the morning and do my regular workout in the afternoon.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Work is BRUTAL this week, sigh.... on the plus side, the days go by fast!
    last week, getting on schedule with exercise was important for me, and I almost made it.

So this week:
    1. I will stick to my exercise schedule (M & TH & SA water, T & F & SU weights)
    2. Tracking is crucial---my goal is to NOT eat back any exercise calories and stay under ---but I have to make sure I am being accurate and brutally honest
    3. Eat out only once a week---eating out is rough. I want to reward myself in the most unhealthiest ways---ha!

Struggling with insomnia this week, I need to quit stressing about work and get a full nights sleep. I get up after a few hours, I tend to have tea or diet cocoa plus saltines or toast, relax for an hour or two then go back to bed. It kind of sucks. Then I never know where to track the extra midnight calories---ugh!

Hope you all have a great week!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Love all the goals! You guys are doing great!
    Here are my tips:
    water==I fill my water bottle (a 30 ouncer) before bed, and in the morning I chug that sucker down! Before coffee, before the news, before anything I stand and drink the whole bottle. Then I take it to work and drink it with lunch. Then I drink another one at supper or after workout. 90 Ounces=11 glasses of water.
    Breakfast---I pack mine to work---I don't want to eat that early at home. I don't want to skip. So I eat fruit or cottage cheese at work around 9 AM. that has helped me a lot.

@HLaR79 ---Yay for the 299! I know you will hit it this week!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Great way to get the water in alanabanana. I could not drink that much water at breakfast! I have a 2l water jug that i bring to work and make myself finish before the end of my work day! most days i finish it!

Its nice to see the posts and everyone posting away :smile:
  • pnece
    Options
    Well I've learned that my pre-meal logging only works if I have enough food in the house for the week! Good lessen, especially since it did seem to be helping me control my evening eating. Doing a little better with water, so that's a small move forward.

Hope everyone else is moving towards their goals for the week!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my official weigh-in day. I did not eat the best this week so I will not be surprised if I do gain. I have logged everything but it wasn't the most healthy. I am on the wagon but hanging off the side. I will do better with my next meal..
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Its so hard to find that balance that we need that works best!
    I am drinking lots of water and trying to have my small walks when i can few more days left of the week
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Well last week I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a road trip to Chicago with a coworker. Yes, I was uncomfortable and anxious at times but mostly I just did the things I wanted to do; went to a play, a favorite restaurant of Pres. Obama for a great sandwich with a local beer and some very entertaining performance artists, walked around downtown, the Art Institute, Millennium Park and the bean, the Signature Lounge with the great nighttime views, deep dish pizza, Garrett's popcorn, Lincoln Park zoo and conservatory. Did people stare, whisper, lecture me about my weight, treat me in that weird less than them way...yeah some did. But I coped with it and did something I haven't done because of my weight for very very long time. How to top that with a goal this week?

Well, I went on a job interview and was offered the job at the end of the interview. I almost didn't go; I was so anxious about being judged superficially for my weight because it happens a lot. But I faced it.

So my goal is to continue to recognize my negative self talk and reframe things positively. Thoughts become feelings which trigger a behavior, and so on.
  • pnece
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »
    Well last week I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a road trip to Chicago with a coworker. Yes, I was uncomfortable and anxious at times but mostly I just did the things I wanted to do; went to a play, a favorite restaurant of Pres. Obama for a great sandwich with a local beer and some very entertaining performance artists, walked around downtown, the Art Institute, Millennium Park and the bean, the Signature Lounge with the great nighttime views, deep dish pizza, Garrett's popcorn, Lincoln Park zoo and conservatory. Did people stare, whisper, lecture me about my weight, treat me in that weird less than them way...yeah some did. But I coped with it and did something I haven't done because of my weight for very very long time. How to top that with a goal this week?

Well, I went on a job interview and was offered the job at the end of the interview. I almost didn't go; I was so anxious about being judged superficially for my weight because it happens a lot. But I faced it.

So my goal is to continue to recognize my negative self talk and reframe things positively. Thoughts become feelings which trigger a behavior, and so on.

Wow! Good for you! You are such an inspiration! It's so very important to work through -- and walk through -- our negative self-talk. Just out of curiosity, are you taking the job?
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Jltheis sounds like a great trip :) so pleases you did things to treat yourself