Week EIGHT!

Options
RedVelvette
RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
Can you believe it? We are in our final week of this 8-week challenge! This week the double-points are for reaching the "burned 3,500 calories" category, so let's get moving!

Remember: at the end of this week, I will also be announcing the individual who loses the most weight throughout the challenge (I think I will announce both the most pounds lost and highest percentage lost). So be sure to let your team captain know your starting and ending weights.

I have read some comments where people are wanting to continue the challenge and I am totally happy if someone wants to keep this one going, start another challenge that is similar to this one, or create something new and different! PM me directly if you have questions or want any pointers (I learned a lot along the way!).

Bring on the week!

Replies

• MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your hard work, @RedVelvette! I loved the challenge!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    RedVelvette thank you for you have done for me. I have met some wonderful people along the way (you included). I wish you all the best in your continued weight loss journey. I'm getting teary now!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Thank you!! It has been such an amazing experience to put this challenge together. I had no idea if anyone would join and have been delighted every day I read through the threads (yes, I read other teams threads, too, because every ounce of motivation helps!!) And I absolutely love seeing people connecting and being so incredibly supportive!
    Please, if you're reading this and haven't already done so, feel free to add me as a friend so we can continue to support each other in our fitness journeys! <3<3<3
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Happy last day of the 8-week challenge!

I realize that today is Easter, and I didn't plan on the last day being a holiday... sorry! So maybe enjoy those Easter brunches and just sweat out the indulgences!

I hope you all enjoyed these past 8 weeks! :-)
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge RedVelvette!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for you initiating this challenge, I truly believe I would have not accomplished the 20 lb. weight loss I have achieved. With you and the YELLOW TEAM drive, you kept me motivated to accomplish the impossible (all in my mind). I hope to periodically keep you informed of my continued weight loss journey and help me celebrate when I reach my goal of 150 lbs.
  • miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks @RedVelvette for putting this challenge together -- it was fun and helped keep me on a somewhat healthy track even when I blew my calorie goal out of the water for the day -- had to get those veggie and fruit servings in LOL :p

Hope we cross paths again in the future.

Good luck Gloria to reaching your goal.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Ok everyone, here are the final scores for this 8-week challenge!

Winning team for week 8:
    YELLOW Team at 175 points

2nd place: PURPLE Team with 156
    and a close 3rd with RED Team at 155.5
    Green Team did not provide scores for the week

Highest points for the week= ttlayusa with 227

And the most weight-loss for the entire challenge is Gloria, who lost 20 lbs in the past 8 weeks! Congratulations on your progress.

It's been wonderful hearing your stories of success, trials, tribulations, experimentations, and insight!

I personally want to congratulate each and every one of you for joining and participating in this challenge! It takes a lot to join forces to reach personal goals, and we all succeeded in that regard.

We are all winners in my book! IAnd good luck to you all on your fitness journey!
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everything Jen!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well done all, it's been fun and enlightening! And thanks for the organisation Jen :)
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bah! It appears my GREEN team fell apart when I went to Paris. I fell off my fitness wagon, too.
    So I've joined the MFP April Apprentice Challenge if anyone wants to join me. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113005-mfp-apprentice-april

Best of luck all with your fitness goals and thanks again, @RedVelvette, for getting us on the right track!