Weigh in...sucks...

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
So we did a biggest loser contest at work. I weighed in this morning and have only lost 4lbs. At home I've lost about 8-10lbs. Ugh. I'm so over it. I'm going to go stuff my face with bacon and eggs now.

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Is your home scale broken? How could you have lost twice as much on your home scale? And how long of a period are we talking here? 4lbs is still 4lbs and still a loss.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So..... You didn't gain fat between home and work. I know you know this.
    You don't need me to lecture you about listening to that lying scale do you?
    Besides... 4lbs? That's freakin awesome! Don't let a difference between scales and gut content and water steal that from you! It's yours! They can only take that victory from you if you give it to them.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Well I weigh with no clothes on at home, at work I weighed with workout pants and a tank on and no breakfast yet. I weighed myself at home with no clothes this morning. And weigh in for work about an hour ago. I know it's still a loss. And I know I've lost more inches than that. It's just the mentality I have with scales.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    So..... You didn't gain fat between home and work. I know you know this.
    You don't need me to lecture you about listening to that lying scale do you?
    Besides... 4lbs? That's freakin awesome! Don't let a difference between scales and gut content and water steal that from you! It's yours! They can only take that victory from you if you give it to them.

As soon as I say your name I smiled. I know I know. I'm still stuck in the mentality of the scale is always right. I know I feel better and look better.
  • lowcarbluvin
    lowcarbluvin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well I weigh with no clothes on at home, at work I weighed with workout pants and a tank on and no breakfast yet. I weighed myself at home with no clothes this morning. And weigh in for work about an hour ago. I know it's still a loss. And I know I've lost more inches than that. It's just the mentality I have with scales.

I feel your pain. I have a mental issue with the scale as well. I KNOW you aren't supposed to weigh every day, but I do. I KNOW that your weight fluctuates from day to day, but it still bothers me. I have not lost an ounce since Friday and I KNOW that it will come, but it just brings me down. I am not losing as much as fast this time around on this diet and I'm so frustrated. Enjoy your bacon and eggs ;)
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I know. I think I've also hit that "wall" or plateau and I hate it. I'm going to incorporate some more exercise and see if that helps. And try to cut out some artificial sweetners. I do also weigh myself daily...I can't help it. Maybe that should be my goal for April along with not counting calories is not weighing myself for a month.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I love weighing every day because it's how I finally learned there is nothing about it that is predictable. That's what I needed to learn to get over the scale issues I once had.
    You just cannot predict it.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Keep me in mind one scale or the other could be calibrated incorrectly. Also the surface the scale is on makes a difference in the reading. It's best if it's flat w/o carpeting if it's a digital scale. I usually weight myself on my digital scale on the same spot of my hardwood floors each morning.

If I have to weigh at the doctors or whatever I'm usually a couple of pounds up due to clothes and just the different scales but I don't worry about it.

Like Sunny says....weight is quirky. For instance I went out of town this weekend...carbs and calories were consistent with my typically eating but I'm up 1.2 pounds this morning. The same thing happened after another weekend away. Maybe it has something to do with improper hydration while driving. Not sure but it'll go away in a couple of days.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Every scale is different, I think it is important to stick with the same one if you need those numbers (I weigh regularly, but try to keep the mentality of it just being a gauge). For the record, I happen to know that my housecoat weighs 4.2 lbs. :)
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I know. It messes with our minds sometimes!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep, every scale is different. I was using an old analogue scale for years, and I finally upgraded to a modern digital one and it weighed me 8lbs heavier than the old one, which made perfect sense because I did not look the weight my old scale told me i weighed!

I definitely recommend weighing every day and downloading Trendweight, it smooths out the fluctuations and shows you the true weight your losing every week.
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am not losing weight at all on my diet now and I'm not sure why. I'm definitely in a calorie deficit and definitely back in ketosis. I feel good, though, and there are other things that are working for me outside of scale numbers so I'll stick with it until I have to have cauliflower or I'll kill someone.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Well someone's scale is lying...I was 184 yesterday on the scale work. Today at home (no clothes) I was 180.8..
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Well someone's scale is lying...I was 184 yesterday on the scale work. Today at home (no clothes) I was 180.8..

I have weighed on the same scale in the same day and had a difference like that. Actually, it happens to me almost daily. I always vary in weight throughout the day. Often by more than 2 pounds.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a scale upstairs that I use for regular weekly weigh ins. But the scale downstairs always weighs me 5 lbs more. It's a regular 5 lbs more no matter what.

The lying liar scales are just trying to mess with my head.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a scale upstairs that I use for regular weekly weigh ins. But the scale downstairs always weighs me 5 lbs more. It's a regular 5 lbs more no matter what.

The lying liar scales are just trying to mess with my head.

So which scale is correct? :huh:
  • gainwait
    gainwait Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Enjoy stuffing your face with bacon and eggs, it's part of a low carb diet. I do that every weekend without the toast of course. Nothing wrong with a 4lb loss. I weigh myself every Sunday morning before breakfast and measure my waist which I find tells me exactly how I'm doing. How your clothes fit also gives you a better indication of how you are going. Forget the scales, this is a lifestyle not a diet.