Easter...

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
Can you all tell I'm bored today....
What is everyone making or will be eating for Easter? I'm really hoping my mothernlaw will make pickles wrapped in cream cheese and ham. The sweets are going to be my issue to stay away from!

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I have my whole family over for Easter. The whole baked ham will be the star of the meal. I make devilled eggs, salads, asparagus etc and have garlic sausage and homemade pickles on hand. I have to please two of us who are Keto, but also everyone else, so 10 people or so who eat a regular diet...... So I also make scalloped potatoes and delicious saffron rice. But I have others bring additional items like dessert, and Easter bread. I won't likely indulge in dessert, but will eat a bit of chocolate later. I'll stick to mainly meat and veggies. I find Easter quite easy with this woe. Ham and devilled eggs and I'm happy.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My mother in law is cooking lunch. She said turkey, mac n cheese, party potatoes, green bean casserole, pickles and deviled eggs. I'm bringing seven layer salad and dirt pudding (i'll try to not indulge too much). At my aunts for the evening it will be similar food. I am going to TRY and limit myself on the sweets. But everything else I'll be happy with pickles, deviled eggs and meat.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's just me and my husband and we don't celebrate Easter, so I'm not inclined to get too fancy, but I have been eyeing up all the lamb legs in the store lately. I really want to roast one, but it's kind of too much temptation. Roasts get me into trouble, I eat way over my TDEE and the protein blows out my blood sugar. I just can't stop eating hot roasted meat when it's freshly cooked. So I'll probably just take advantage of all the lamb chops on sale. They're easier for portion control.
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm finding Easter an easier holiday to cook low carb
    -ham
    -cauliflower salad
    -green salad
    -devilled eggs
    -rice for the non-low carbers
    -dessert will be a sf jello, cream cheese , whip cream thing

I asked my dd not to make homemade buns,,,,my weakness! She asked me not to buy her chocolate...win win!
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im Polish and a few months ago bought 5 lbs of Polish white easter sausage. Along with that will be
    -deviled eggs
    -protein bread that everyone has been raving about
    -horseradish sauce
    -various cheeses
    -olives
    -bacon

We really only eat brunch for Easter.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a double batch of Rhubarb Flummery (an easy to make slow-cooker / crockpot recipe) to take and share with my sister's family and my uncle (leaving one batch at home for me and to share with my mother as well). And I am going to be making up a batch of Onion and Cheddar soul bread as a gift for a friend. She's a fellow LCHF'er whose life is further complicated by the fact that she has to follow a low-oxalate diet and certain versions of soul bread (those that contain no nuts, berries, lemon, etc.) is something tasty and "safe" I can share with her.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think we are doing a leg of lamb roast. I saw a recipe for deviled eggs that are dyed ( after boiling and shelling) with homemade vegetable dyes.. (red cabbage for one, onion skins for another and beets for a third) that looked like a lot of work but might be fun! Don't know yet about veggies.