Trying not to beat myself up here

Options
nitallica
nitallica Posts: 31 Member
I slipped this weekend. I was PMSing and craving everything under the sun that I didn't need to eat, and caved. I ate badly all weekend and spent yesterday paying for it. I'm (mostly) back on track today, but I need to get better at avoiding those moments when I'm craving chocolates, nachos, french fries, chilidogs, etc. I tried snacking on veggies and fruits, nothing I tried helped, and I ended up eating more than I needed to in the long run.

I feel like crap because I had done really well all week long but on the weekends, it seems that's when I'm at my weakest. Even worse if I'm in an emotional state.

Replies

• ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A mantra I use when I'm feeling emo and bingey: If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution.

Keep tracking what you eat and log the calories before they go in your mouth to hold yourself accountable, but leave the guilt behind. Focus on how good nutrition makes you feel long term and eat the next bites for your health.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ladycclear wrote: »
    A mantra I use when I'm feeling emo and bingey: If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution.

Perfect! Make so much sense!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    ^ very helpful sentence^

for emotional eaters!
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    LOVE that mantra! @ladycclear gonna put that on my fridge
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree. Thank you. :)

I fell off the wagon, so to speak, last week. It was my birthday, and I decided that because I was also PMSing to say "*kitten* it" and eat pretty much whatever I wanted.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty crappy this week and I think it's because I wasn't eating well. I'm back on track, but feeling guilty. (I know, I gotta stop that!!)