Husband Rant!

Options
Tanukiko
Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
Ugh men (Im kidding)! My darling spouse has been on Keto for 1 week...dropped 15 lbs. His exercise? 5 pushups a day and he eats sort of low carb (he has one tortilla a day and the rest of the day is keto).

I love him but I hate him right now ;-)

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Dude, send me his metabolism! :o
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    15lbs in one week. Metabolism? Let's assume he burns 3000 kcal/day. If he starved himself for a week (0 calories), the maximum fat he could lose would be 6lbs.

So what does that tell us? He's lost a LOT of water. Please tell him about the need for sodium while low carb or he's going to feel like crap soon.
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know he's lost water and he's fine in his hydration/sodium intake. It just cracks me up that he's lost so much scale weight in such a short time as I pole along. I know some of it is fat too because we have a body fat analyzer and its gone down.

Same thing happened when we were losing weight for our wedding...he went from a 38 to a 34 in a month while it took me twice that to lose the same amount of inches.

I repeat...men! ugh!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Lol, I can relate. I do strict Keto now while hubby does mostly low carb but not Keto. We lose about the same now (he is a big guy, I keep telling myself), but at first he dropped a ton of weight! When I was doing what he is now doing, the weight did not fall off me like it has him. Just be glad our men are supporting us, our gene biology will not change.