Question about heart rate

Options
AigreDoux
AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
I am currently on week 4, which I chose to repeat, so this is my second week on that week. I was feeling like the runs were too hard the first time, and I was hoping to get a little more comfortable and faster the second time around before moving up.

I do all my running on a treadmill in my house. I did the first 3 weeks of the program at a running speed of 5.0 mph, and a 1.5 incline. Unfortunately, my treadmill doesn't go below a 1.5 incline. By week 4, 5.0 mph was too tough and I had to drop the speed to 4.5 mph or 4.8 mph in order to complete the runs.

Anyway, I started dreaming about what program I was going to do when I complete C25k, and was looking at Hal Higdon's programs. He suggests easy pace runs should be run at 65-75% of MHR. When I look at the graphs from my FitBit Charge HR, it seems that my running intervals even at 4.5 mph/1.5 incline are at 85-90% of MHR.

Should I drop the speed even further? I'm not sure I could run too much slower. My walking intervals are 3.0 mph. Or continue with 4.5 mph and HR will come down as I get more fit?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, you might want to try going even slower, and yes, you're HR will come down as you get more fit.