Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Introduce yourself here

Replies

• heatherc369
    Options
    My name is Heather, I am 35 years old 5 ft 7 and currently weigh 168.5 lbs. This is the lowest weight I have been since having my son, only 18.5 lbs to goal!

I live in Central Florida, work full time, have a 6 year old son with my Fiance of 6 years. We have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 4 Leopard Geckos , 1 crested gecko and a small saltwater tank.
  • curleytop60
    curleytop60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi , My name is Debbie. I am a retired nurse, i am 56 yrs young, Live in north fla. have an ill spouse and am soul caretaker. I am under a lot of stress. I am a Christain and have a very supportive church family.
  • Allie6011012
    Allie6011012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Healther and Debbie !
    Im new too, Im Allie. 35 yrs - and have been working to lose about 15 lbs. Lets keep each other motivated :smiley:
  • heatherc369
    Options
    We got this ladies!
  • AZI1983
    AZI1983 Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi, my name is Abeni and I'm a 32 year old single mother and have reached my all-time heaviest weight of 222! I've steadily gained 10 pounds each year over the past six years and I'm sick of the up and down, on and off, lack of motivation that I've had for at least 4 of those years trying to do it mostly by myself. It doesn't work! I recently purchased a Garmin Vivosmart device and love having the constant reminders to not only keep up my activity but also to log my food intake. I've also just purchased the PiYo DVD after using it last term in my Pilates class and loving it.
    Thanks for starting this group! Here's to all of us feeling that much more motivated to make this work :smiley:
  • AZI1983
    AZI1983 Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

:D
  • Allie6011012
    Options
    Hi Abeni ! welcome to the group !!! :smiley:
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Denise and I am 55 years young (LOVE that way of describing middle age!) My husband and I are raising four teenaged daughters, two with special needs, and just went back to work full-time 7 months ago. The job is super boring, but they do offer yoga and pilates at lunch, and I enjoy that. My main weight and health issue is eating at night, after a couple of glasses of wine. I am going to stop drinking wine at home in April, and this should help greatly. It won't be easy, but I need to cut back. Presently I weigh 194 (5'8") and hope to be down to at least 186 by the end of April. Thanks for including me - I look forward to getting to know you and being part of a supportive community.
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm 44, 5'2", 257lbs (I've lost 20 so far), married mom of 4 (3 still at home), and I don't work outside the home. But believe me, I'm plenty busy just keeping up! I'm an emotional eater, which is made doubly hard with the fact that I have bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder. I need an accountability group to help me stay focused and be honest with myself. I'll be starting an exercise program 4/1 that I had done previously, which is Slim in 6 (a workout video by Beachbody). I tried PiYo, but I'm still much too fat and out of shape to handle that yet, so I'll stick with Slim in 6 (very low impact, basic cardio and fitness...lunges, squats, plies, work with bands for strength, etc.) Looking forward to getting to know people here.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle! Lifelong weight fighter, not giver-upper! ;) My biggest loss was a year after having my second son, I was about 188 lbs. and went down to about 165 lbs. I am 5'6' and would love to get down to about 150 lbs., giver or take! The last two years I've tried to get to my goal weight, but I keep yo-yo-ing back and forth between 161 and 166 lbs... GAH!
    I'm turning FOURTY in July, and I better be able to feel comfy and happy in a bathing suit!!! So, here is to the next 3 months of motivation and encouragement!!!!
  • bepresent24
    bepresent24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Ashley and I started at 170 pounds a week ago (haven't weighed in yet). I just want to shed a good 20 pounds and feel like I am not out of breath all the time. I am totally comfortable not ever being able to wear a two-piece bikini haha, I just want to feel good about myself is all and be healthy for my family. I would love to do this with a group that is motivated and just wanting to make healthier choices. It is so hard these days with our busy schedules, family, and sometimes you need motivation.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura, I am almost 35, 5 foot 9 and peaked at 330lb at start of year, disposed of 35lb of that already but a long way to go. I am from England UK. I started a group for morbidly obese people to have daily accountability but like the creator of this group I get sad when I start groups and ends up with just me because everyone quits, although the group I created is going strong at the moment I like to join lots of groups , the more accountability and team spirit the better.
  • Allie6011012
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi everyone, I joined last week. Its awesome reading the intros, I think we can really support each other through those hard days. Im looking forward to a great month ahead :smiley:
  • LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all! :) My name is Debbie. I'm a 44, full time working, married, mother of 2 (ages 8 & 10). Over the past 15 years, I've lost and gained weight more times than I can count!! Right now, I'm at my highest weight....I'm 5'2" and weigh around 160 lbs. I'm looking to lose 45 lbs. over the next 8-9 months and then finally learn how to maintain!! Even though I've never figured out how to maintain, I'm still convinced that it is possible ;) I need a group for daily accountability as I don't have much support (regarding weight loss) in my personal life. I often feel I'm just struggling along on my own, so it's nice to have others to check in with. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Welcome!
  • LilDebbieG71
    Options
    Thank you Heather :)
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    LilDebbie... Welcome to the group! Now, are you just teasing us into thinking sweet snacks with your username!? :P I've got two boys, 9&10, so I know what madness you have in your house! Hehe
  • LilDebbieG71
    Options
    LOL! :wink: Recently, I was at Walmart with my kids and my son said, look mom, this box has your name on it!! To my surprise, it said Little Debbie!! I've never seen these before...I'm from Canada so not sure it this is something new here? It made me think of my username right away! LOL! When I came up with the name, I was referencing my height.... Glad to know there is another here who can relate to the madness! :)
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mindi. I am currently 230 I came here over a year ago and had success, but 2 surgeries and a serious bone infection, I got off track and gained all 19lbs back. I am married and have 3 kids 2 still at home. I am so bad with emotional eating, I seriously feel like it's out of my control sometimes. I am trying hard to learn that I am the one in control of what I put into my body.
  • melly_mel25
    melly_mel25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Melissa and I am 33, 5'4", 268 lb. This is the heaviest I've ever been, even more than when I was 9mo pregnant. And my daughter is now 3... My goal is to get down to 160. I did WW about 7-8 years ago and got to that weight once, so am really wanting to get there again! Also, my husband and I are wanting to have more kids, but I would like to be at a healthier weight first.