MCT oil.... has it made any difference to you?

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
I know we have had a few discussions where MCT oil has been brought up, usually with BPC.

I bought MCT oil last week - I think the one Sunny_Bunny recommended, and I am using it for my BPC. I have heard the warnings to NOT jump in with a whole TBS to start, but I did, and no ill effects.

I have also read about 20 things that MCT oil is supposed to help fix / control / improve.

But what do YOU think MCT oil has done for YOU specifically?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    nothing. But I don't exactly use it consistently either...
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I use it most everyday. I can't say it specifically "does" anything for me. I've never experienced the increased mental and energy simulation.

I use it as a salad dressing mostly with himalayan pink salt & pepper. Today I added tumeric! I add it to stew recipes as well.

I do switch between it and ghee in my bpc. It is a fabulous nontasting oil. I'm about to run out and plan to use all of my coconut oil before buying more mct oil. I do plan on purchasing again in the future, just want to use what fats I have on hand.

It's supposed to be great for mental acuity in Alzheimer patients... Or so I've read.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You know I'm a big MCT fan! :wink:
    I just filled a prescription for a lower dose of Adderall than I have taken in years!
    I have always had a difficult time learning new things by reading about them, but I've been able to focus while learning about this woe and all the health related studies and articles I've found and have been shared here too.
    Of course, much of it has to do with Keto also, but the addition of MCT made the difference I needed to reduce the meds.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The only difference I feel when I take MCT oil is an increase in energy and maybe a touch more mentally alert, compared to coconut oil where I feel no noticeable difference.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I have just started adding "brain octane" oil to my BPC. As I was in the USA I also ordered bulletproof ground coffee too. Not sure if this is psychosamatic or real but I do feel more energized and alert for hours after my BPC than I did using local coffee and coconut oil in my BPC.