Whole30 2016

Options
124»

Replies

• 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My Whole30 starts today, as well as my husband. We've done Paleo before, and both felt great but fell off the wagon. Looking forward to feeling my best again.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Have come down with a cold. No energy to cook. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
  • treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you guys, what the hell can I have for breakfast that I can pick up on the run??
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg packs and avocado is always an easy choice.
  • homesweeths
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Egg "muffins" can work. Fry bacon and/or sausage, break up and add to nonstick muffin cups (we bake in silicone), along with veggies (we most often use leftover roasted veggies, yum, today's batch was cubed sweet potato and Brussels sprouts roasted with avocado oil, Himalayan salt, and granulated garlic). Beat eggs, one or two per muffin cup, with a bit of water. Pour eggs over meat and veggies to cover. Bake until eggs are set.

These freeze well. They're sort of like muffin fritatas or mini-crustless-quiche. You can let them thaw and eat them cold, or heat them up.
  • homesweeths
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Another quick breakfast I've done in the past has been fat bombs and coffee or green tea with added collagen (2 tbs collagen is a full meal's worth of protein). It feels amazingly decadent to savor a fat bomb or two that is made up of coconut oil and carob powder, or (if I need a bit more body to it) coconut oil, dried shredded coconut, and carob powder. No need to add sweetener if I use carob instead of cocoa or cacao. This will keep me full and energized even if I end up having a late lunch.

Though I don't know if it fits with Whole30 guidelines. The egg muffins I posted just before this would be more likely to be Whole30 compliant.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    *Almost* pulled off a Whole30 day today, and then I realized that I drank coffee with cream and a sparkling lemon Dasani, which I don't think is Whole30 even though there's no sweetener in it.

I'll have to pay more attention tomorrow. Am trying to get back into healthy eating habits after sliding for too long.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Egg "muffins" can work. Fry bacon and/or sausage, break up and add to nonstick muffin cups (we bake in silicone), along with veggies (we most often use leftover roasted veggies, yum, today's batch was cubed sweet potato and Brussels sprouts roasted with avocado oil, Himalayan salt, and granulated garlic). Beat eggs, one or two per muffin cup, with a bit of water. Pour eggs over meat and veggies to cover. Bake until eggs are set.

These freeze well. They're sort of like muffin fritatas or mini-crustless-quiche. You can let them thaw and eat them cold, or heat them up.

I'm definitely trying this, what a great idea!