Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is a metaboiism reset?

ehmadore
ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
My diet has been crazy. I've been overeating, not counting calories, etc. I had a miscarriage over a month ago and during my short pregnancy put some weight on. i can't seem to get back into it. Wondering what a reset was and if it might help me?

Replies

• castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    I would ask the question here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

You'll not only get accurate, reliable answers, but customized help.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    So sorry about the stress in your life, never good.

And in fact that is what a reset is for, remove the diet as a stress, and eat only what the body needs to maintain weight.

Hopefully you can eat what is healthy so the type of food doesn't cause stress to the body either.
    Then get other things under control like sleep or reasonable amount of good exercise, and that will minimize or rid those stresses.

The idea is a metabolism reset prepares your body great for taking a deficit and really getting the whole thing, your metabolism is fully firing, and it stays where it can while you take reasonable deficit and lose fat. Hopefully keeping hormones in check that would fight your fat loss.