Help

Options
nettmg1521
nettmg1521 Posts: 4 Member
I am always eating even get up at night eating a whole jar of peanut butter or anything I can get a hold of. Always find myself at the snack machines at work.

Replies

• sarahwylder
    sarahwylder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Nettmg1521, a positive here is that you are recognising when you are heading for food. It may not feel so positive but you can't change anything if you don't know you are doing it. Mindless eating happens when we are on autopilot. I can turn off my brain and binge and then not be able to tell you exactly what I ate! My big first step has been to stay in the moment and recognise when I'm reaching for food. That gives me information to work with. What do you think your triggers for eating are? Are you hungry (restricting during the day?), or bored, or anxious? Has it become a habit?
  • suelv80
    suelv80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi nettmg1521, I find if I plan what I am eating the next day then I stop eating so much rubbish by planning loads of little snacks nuts, seeds and fruit and taking no cash to work. But weekends are my big problem I can't stop eating anything in the kitchen bread, cheese are my down fall and seating watching tv because of the wet weather. My root is bored. You need to think what is your root of why you are reaching for the food in the middle of the night is it down to not sleeping very well maybe you need to look into things to help you sleep better.
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've also stopped keeping cash at work. If I have money, I have temptation. :(