Are you having any Easter indulgents? If so what?

Options
2»

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I ate a stuffed Greek pepper half which had a little rice if that counts as an indulgence, lol. Still within carb goals for the day!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Ham, prime rib, asparagus, salad, banana cream pie or my homemade cheesecake (not sure yet)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ham, prime rib, asparagus, salad, banana cream pie or my homemade cheesecake (not sure yet)

OMG That all sounds perfect!

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options

OMG That all sounds perfect!

Thanks Christine :)
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I will indulge in my own delicious saffron infused rice tomorrow. I only make it once a year for Easter. I start by sautéing onions in lots of butter, then add the rice and fry it a bit, coating each grain in butter. Add my own homemade chicken broth, rich in flavour, saffron and salt and pepper. I infuse the broth in saffron so that it dissolves into the broth. It's the world's most expensive spice, so I don't want it to be in just one clump in the pot! I finish it with more butter after it's cooked. It goes well with the Easter ham and devilled eggs and salad.

After Easter.... No starch at all ! But I will enjoy it tomorrow. Funny how the simplest foods are treats now. Rice isn't something I would have considered to be a junk food in the past. But now it is only a very occasional treat.

Never tried or seen saffron and that sounds amazing! Off to look up saffron now haha. Love trying new things... Wonder what else (besides rice) it will be good with??

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Found this with chicken and saffron I will make this week.... Thanks!!

http://www.food.com/recipe/saffron-chicken-21607
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I want some lamb, but that will have to be delayed until the ground beef thing is over. I have no idea what is being prepared at my inlaws' house.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Love the look of the lamb. Inspiring!!!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We are doing lamb, too. Asparagus, salad and sweet potato. I'll eat just an ounce or two of the sweet potato. Will try to resist the lime coconut cake that my SiL asked me to make. Toasted coconut and whipped cream are ok but the cake part is a problem.
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Maybe a piece of Easter candy or something, I didn't plan dessert. For apps, I'm making sweet & spicey deviled eggs. For dinner, ham, asparagus w/hollandaise sauce, and kids are having mashed potatoes, but we're having garlic/cauliflower mash. Happy holiday weekend all!

You had me at deviled eggs but sweet and spicy??? Please share recipe lol

Haha, it didn't turn out! I forgot the candied bacon :o and it turned out too ketchupy!
    I was trying to follow it from our favorite restaurant, Yard House. I just bought a sweet chili sauce and spicy ketchup and did the yolks the usual way with mayo, dijon and vinegar, salt/pepper. We're going to try different today.
    yardhouse.com/menu-listing/eat

Man PaleoinScottland! That looks to die for!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Here's what my plate looked like.ea25q2eez0rt.jpeg
    I added a bit of turmeric to the rice to make it more yellow. My youngest daughter calls it " yellow rice, and why don't we have it more often"?

I'm sure that my weight will go up with the extra starch, veggies and sugar I ate, but it was a good dinner and I enjoyed it!
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yummy! ^^^^