Hummus instead of Mayo

QueenbBeltran
QueenbBeltran Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Hummus on Toasted Jewish Rye Bread with a splash of Olive juice and horseradish with your choice of finishing touches and Cilantro to top it off.

I have also used Hummus on chips and for an egg salad sandwich. Not sure about the egg salad without green olive juice.

Replies

• TurtlePacer
    TurtlePacer Posts: 4 Member
    Sabri Garlic Hummus with tuna/celery/onion/pickle relish to avoid the mayo.
    i love mayo, but it loves me back!
    come to think of it, everything loves me back! I also saw avacado instead of mayo for tuna salad, going to try that too, I like the small one serving guacamole's as my family does not eat it, then I can eat the full amount without it turning brown.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    I use greek yogurt instead of mayo. Has the same creaminess to it, just more tang.
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Oh the love of Humus! I added for the first time to my food yesterday and OH so good! I was kinda shocked to see my fat count in the red though. Is that ok?
  • 1foxyhogg
    1foxyhogg Posts: 1 Member
    What a great idea !
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    I use greek yogurt instead of mayo. Has the same creaminess to it, just more tang.

I do Greek Yogurt too! Extra protein and low in calories
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member

I will have to try this!!
  • jessicalott1
    jessicalott1 Posts: 7 Member
    If you want Greek Yogurt to be just like mayo, add a little bit of vinegar and splenda or stevia to it!