Anybody have LCHF Indian recipes to share?

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
Other than just replacing rice with cauliflower rice?

Replies

• BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would like some too! Especially since I just found out CostCo has paneer cheese.
  • motown13
    Options
    BalmyD wrote: »
    I would like some too! Especially since I just found out CostCo has paneer cheese.

So I am guessing you like saag / palek paneer?
  • BalmyD
    Options
    I think so? I'm not savvy about Indian food. I take a little bit of the green stuff, little bit of the red stuff, little bit of the yellow stuff... you get the idea. ;)
  • motown13
    Options
    Saag / Palek is basically creamed spinach with paneer and Indian spices.
  • BalmyD
    Options
    Oh, yeah, that sounds good.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    Saag / Palek is basically creamed spinach with paneer and Indian spices.

Love palek paneer. A Costco just opened in my town. I am going to have to go and get some paneer.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I don't have any specific recipes but I have a spicy curry spice blend that I buy at a local Indian grocer. I like to roast chicken thighs coated with the curry spices. Then I'll make a sauce with Greek yogurt or ghee with more curry spice. I also make pork chops coated with curry spice and pan cooked in ghee or olive oil and then make a sauce with Greek yogurt or sour cream and more curry spice. I love cauliflower, eggplant, broccoli roasted with a coating of Greek yogurt and curry spices. See a theme here? You can coat a range of meats or veggies with curry spices and bake or pan cook them. Then make a sauce with yogurt, ghee, or sour cream with more curry spice. Not authentic Indian but Indian inspired and delicious.
  • aburlingamelafontaine
    Options
    I made this, I thought it was delicious. Someone at work had takeout Indian food and I was craving for it this week! I have a few tikki masala recipes saved to try also...

http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2014/01/03/indian-spiced-cauliflower-rice/