Easter disappointment

Options
pnece
pnece Posts: 179 Member
So today started out well. I had a reasonable breakfast and had folks over for an Easter lunch (that consisted of brunch food. I ate a little more than usual but not that much. Everyone left by about 2:30 or 3:00 pm, I cleaned up, and then sat down to relax with the small amount of trail mix left in the bowl I had put out for everyone to munch on while lunch was being prepared. Turned out, I had more trail mix left in the cupboard. Big mistake to have looked. I ended up polishing off the bag over the course of the afternoon. Probably about 2000 calories. The bad news is that I ate it. The good news is that I'm trying to not feel guilty or ashamed for doing so and instead trying to figure out why I essentially binged on it. It's the perfect mix of fat, sugar and salt, so I'm sure all those wonderful pleasure centers in my brain were turned on. But for me there's usually an emotional reason underlying eating like that, and I'm having absolutely no luck figuring it out. Sigh.

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. I'm sorry you had a weak moment. I know precisely how that feels. Something that's helped me is I no longer take home the leftovers from a party. But now I'm the pusher instead, lol. I send home any and all leftovers (especially snacks) with the people who I have over. If they refuse I immediately dump it in the garbage. Not in the container either. I literally pour it out into the trash. Wasteful? You bet. But I have very little self control and I know that.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Pnece: its possible that it was just habit? Good job on not beating yourself up it wont change the past and might be a trigger in the future

I also send home as much as possible and then dump what shouldn't be left in my fridge. I also made deserts i dont enjoy so there would be no pre meal temptation
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens.. I went out to dinner last week and my chicken sandwich was over 1000 calories... I felt like I got sucker punched!! I just didn't eat the rest of that day and adjusted the next day as well. Now I know to look BEFORE I go out. Take something from this and move on... You are worth it!!
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!