Just started and overwhelmed!

Options
halihughes1
halihughes1 Posts: 2 Member
So I did the Keto calculator and have my stats but I'm overwhelmed as to where to start!! Any tips tricks or websites you recommend?

I'm stuck on what to do for lunch and snacks.

I'm also overwhelmed at how to start tracking.

Replies

• tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    www.dietdoctor.com is a great website and has a lot of information. There is a fee to get into the entire website, but even the free stuff is great, and a great place to start.
    For lunch, I usually have something like tuna or chicken salad as a lettuce wrap or stuffed in an avocado. I use tuna/chicken with mayo, celery, and onion.
    Once you're out of the "carb" mode, you won't want snacks, but until then, try drinking a cup of chicken bouillon.
    Track by looking up your foods with "net carbs" added to the search. This way you only track the carbs that matter.
    Good Luck! Friend me, and I'll help in any way possible.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @tinaisstillwell - Great bunch of tips!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you are on Facebook there is a great page which is a closed group with tons of info!!!
  • dbhDeb
    Options
    kg8b2774kq30.png
  • dbhDeb
    Options
    For breakfast I do bacon, tomato, mayo
    For lunch usually some chicken or beef (prep with olive oil or butter for my fat) served with mayo and a green veggie of some kind. I have made up caulirice and zucchini zoodle noodles so always have those ready if I want them. Preparation is my best advice. Have fridge stocked with stuff to make easy meals. Good luck!