Team: Run Track Minds

Options

Replies

• stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Team. How's everyone doing?

We have lots of Tuesday weigh-in people: @superdeedooper7 @ahelgers10 @gatorbob353 @kbrunner2 , and me. :) Don't forget to post your weight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357183/week-1-weigh-in-results-submit-between-apr-2-apr-8#latest

• gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey team. My name is Daniel and I am 28 in Phoenix, az. My goal is to lose around 40-50 pounds by the end of the year. I can always some competition to help push myself even more. I lose the weight and then gain right back.
    I very busy with work and non-profit work on the side. I spend well 500 hours a year throughout our community. During a 6 month period I attend a gala every other weekend and eating and drinking at those can take a toll on your body. I look forward to being on the team and help encourage everyone else.

My exercise of choice is running. I try to get up every morning before work and run at least 4 miles hoping to double that as the year goes on.
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    stm712015 wrote: »

We have lots of Tuesday weigh-in people: @superdeedooper7 @ahelgers10 @gatorbob353 @kbrunner2 , and me. :) Don't forget to post your weight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357183/week-1-weigh-in-results-submit-between-apr-2-apr-8#latest
    Thank you for the reminder.
  • superdeedooper7
    superdeedooper7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

My weigh in day is Friday. I have an alarm set on my phone for it.
  • stm712015
    Options

You're listed as a Tues. weigh-in on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uoFwxTOoaJG-BGwQt_HRrJjm3zNg0K4jnx8fXe1_DLE/edit#gid=1165480238

Please double check with @Serendipity0913
  • stm712015
    edited April 2016
    Options

You're listed as a Tues. weigh-in on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uoFwxTOoaJG-BGwQt_HRrJjm3zNg0K4jnx8fXe1_DLE/edit#gid=1165480238

Please double check with @Serendipity0913

@superdeedooper7
    I sent a message to Serendipity and she's updated your weigh-in day to Friday. :smile:
  • superdeedooper7
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Run Track Minds!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

19dlfrdrb3su.jpg
  • superdeedooper7
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Now I wish my treadmill was facing a wall instead of the t.v. Love it! I made an inspiration board for giving natural birth and it helped... maybe I should make one for weight loss! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    lja860813 wrote: »
    Question of the week:

What's your "game plan" for success this month?

I plan on sticking with what I have been doing because I have been having great success with it! I am on week 5 of the couch to 5k and starting level 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I alternate these2 six days/week. I also try to eat healthy and stick to appropriate portions. Saturdays after my weigh in are my rest day, I don't work out and I allow myself a few extra calories (not crazy though).

Hope everyone is having a great first week! I just posted my first weigh in, down 3.6 pounds!! Only a pound and a half from ONEderland!!!

Jennie

What you're doing is obviously working - Fantastic loss! Congratulations. And you're oh so close to onederland! :)

Thanks! I hope to reach it next weight in on Saturday but I had a great loss this week so I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if I don't hit it this week... I WILL get there :)
  • jen_b860813
    Options

@lja860813 I'm so excited for you! I got my BS.Ed. when my children were young, and taught for 15 years until my little one graduated high school. It was the best career for blending with the needs of being a mother. You're going to love it.

I am so excited! It has been a long journey but I am in my last semester of regular classes then I will do my methods classes in the fall and student teach next spring! That's awesome you went back as well with little ones, it is tough but I am looking forward to the benefits of teaching for having a family :)
  • jen_b860813
    Options
    mdove3411 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the team & I am so excited to be here!

My name is Meagon and I am 29 years old. I have two amazing children that are my world. My little boy is 5 and my little girl is 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart and the love of my life.

I have been trying to lose weight on and off for years now only to have kept putting on more. I want lose it for good now and be at a happy weight. I'm super glad to be here. Good luck everyone!!

Hi Meagon! We have such similar stories, I'm 29 with 2 kids and married to my HS sweetheart :) When do you turn the big 3-0? Mine's October so my goal is to look great by then!! Glad you joined, good luck!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around but I have been in bed with the Stomach Flu since Sunday. Just know feeling a little better. Just finished reading everyone's posts. You guys are all awesome people. Hope to be back on MFP 100% by tomorrow
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    lja860813 wrote: »
    mdove3411 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the team & I am so excited to be here!

My name is Meagon and I am 29 years old. I have two amazing children that are my world. My little boy is 5 and my little girl is 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart and the love of my life.

I have been trying to lose weight on and off for years now only to have kept putting on more. I want lose it for good now and be at a happy weight. I'm super glad to be here. Good luck everyone!!

Hi Meagon! We have such similar stories, I'm 29 with 2 kids and married to my HS sweetheart :) When do you turn the big 3-0? Mine's October so my goal is to look great by then!! Glad you joined, good luck!

@lja860813

Hi. I will be 30 December 20th. My goal was to be in the best shape of my life by 30.. looks like I have a lot of work to do. Lol.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just took a peak at our weigh ins, awesome job everyone. Good luck to Thursday and Friday weigh ins.
  • stm712015
    Options
    Just took a peak at our weigh ins, awesome job everyone. Good luck to Thursday and Friday weigh ins.

Ditto this!
  • stm712015
    Options
    Hi Team Run Track Minds!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

19dlfrdrb3su.jpg

This is fantastic! It would definitely motivate me. :)
  • stm712015
    Options
    Hey team. My name is Daniel and I am 28 in Phoenix, az. My goal is to lose around 40-50 pounds by the end of the year. I can always some competition to help push myself even more. I lose the weight and then gain right back.
    I very busy with work and non-profit work on the side. I spend well 500 hours a year throughout our community. During a 6 month period I attend a gala every other weekend and eating and drinking at those can take a toll on your body. I look forward to being on the team and help encourage everyone else.

My exercise of choice is running. I try to get up every morning before work and run at least 4 miles hoping to double that as the year goes on.

Hi Daniel. I'm an Arizonan too! I'm not a runner and am impressed when people mention running workouts. 4 miles a day is great, and I can't even imagine your doubling it. The weight will just fall off you! What do you do in the heat of the summer?
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley:
  • stm712015
    Options
    Here's the link for submitting your weigh-in's: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357183/week-1-weigh-in-results-submit-between-apr-2-apr-8#latest

Best of luck to our Friday weigh-in people: @matthewsfive @superdeedooper7 @Idabah @mdove3411

@fskoethe I don't see a weight recorded for you on the spreadsheet yet, and you're a Thurs. weigh-in. Did you post your weight?

It'll be fun to see how we stacked up against the other teams this week. Go Run Track Mind!