Team: Run Track Minds

Options

Replies

• kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I wanted to weigh in on Wednesdays. Is there any way the spreadsheet can be updated to show Wednesday instead of Tuesday?
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    kbrunner2 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I wanted to weigh in on Wednesdays. Is there any way the spreadsheet can be updated to show Wednesday instead of Tuesday?

I've made the change
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Congratulations Team Run Track Minds! All your team members have now submitted their Week 1 Results. Your team has lost a combined total of 25.2 lbs!! Well Done!!

Winners and Results will be posted as soon as all teams have submitted their weights.
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Team Run Track Minds! All your team members have now submitted their Week 1 Results. Your team has lost a combined total of 25.2 lbs!! Well Done!!

Winners and Results will be posted as soon as all teams have submitted their weights.

Whoohoo! 100% participation! Way to go, team!
  • stm712015
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The results are in!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10369286/week-1-winners#latest

Although we didn't place in the top 3 for teams, we did very well, with a total loss of 25.2 lbs.

Please help me congratulate:
    Run Track Minds
    1st - kbrunner2 - 2.12%
    2nd - matthewsfive - 2.02%
    3rd - NorwegianGuy - 2.01%

Those are some amazing losses! These three were also in the Top 10 for most weight loss for all the participants of the entire challenge last week!

As a team, we had 100% participation in the weigh in which shows we're truly dedicated to this challenge.

For this week, let's work on Team participation. Part of the success of team challenges is supporting one another and being accountable to your team. If you can, try to check in with the group, talk with one another, and let us know how you're doing each day. Successes, challenges, ideas... if you can't check in daily, try for a few times a week. Let's make the most of the team aspect of this challenge, and lets shoot for even better numbers this week!
  • stm712015
    Options
    My check in:
    Well... I've been struggling a bit. I've had two surgeries this past week that required general anesthesia, along with moving out of my home of three years on Thursday, which threw me off track in my normal routine. I usually prep my food on the weekends, and log each day. This week, I did little of that. I also donated most of my belongings because I'm downsizing, and the old, trusty scale was one of the things to go. I've temporary moved in with my parents until the first week of May and their scale says I'm 1.5 lbs heavier! UGH!
    Obviously, these are all excuses, although I think they're valid challenges... I need to give it my all no matter what's going on in my life. So, I'm going to use this week to keep eating healthy, logging and staying within my calorie allotment, and checking in with all of you each day.

How's everyone else doing?
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome job we did in Week 1! We had a combined total (All Teams) of 262.4 lbs!!! Amazing!

Here's this week's WINNERS:

Biggest Loser TEAM
    1st - Gutbusters - 1.23%
    2nd - The Bod Squad - 1.04%
    3rd - Dude, Where's My Gut - 0.88%

Biggest Loser INDIVIDUAL
    1st - Shalynlink-Gutbusters - 3.13%
    2nd - Nerdishgirl3-Thin It To Win It - 2.73%
    3rd - robinred2-The Bod Squad - 2.71%

Those close behind were: Mlays005, Sherriediva1, Courtney4805, wahagent05, kbrunner2, matthewsfive and NorwegianGuy

Top Individuals on Each Team:

Mission Slimpossible
    1st - emaemili2 - 1.75%
    2nd - yangjoma - 1.23%
    3rd - DawnArchieAndJacksMummy - 1.09%

The Big Butt Theory
    1st -Mlays005 - 2.39%
    2nd -christinagillette - 1.98%
    3rd - SweeteeBri - 0.76%

Thin It To Win It
    1st - Nerdishgirl3 - 2.73%
    2nd - wahagent05 - 2.12%
    3rd - 303lissy - 1.45%

Dude, Where's My Gut
    1st - JordisTSM - 1.83%
    2nd - cynbet69 - 1.73%
    3rd - W8ingforthesun - 1.72%

Withering A Weigh
    1st - Courtney4805 - 2.19%
    2nd - Lshona - 1.94%
    3rd - melanieleasure - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    1st - Karen_thinmint - 1.76%
    2nd - dillyg08 - 1.38%
    3rd - Suzmom23 - 1.28%

Die Lard
    1st - gethntysear - 1.90%
    2nd - GotToBeMe11 - 1.31%
    3rd - kayak97 - 1.29%

Run Track Minds
    1st - kbrunner2 - 2.12%
    2nd - matthewsfive - 2.02%
    3rd - NorwegianGuy - 2.01%

The Bod Squad
    1st - robinred2 - 2.71%
    2nd - CatherineElizabeth13 - 1.97%
    3rd - kamoore06 - 1.92%

Gutbusters
    1st - Shalynlink - 3.13%
    2nd - Sherriediva1 - 2.22%
    3rd - Bex800 - 1.86%

The Top 10 in the most pounds lost:
    1) Mlays05 - 8.1 lbs
    2) Nerdishgirl3 - 7.0 lbs
    3) Courtney4805 - 6.6 lbs
    4) NorwegianGuy - 5.3 lbs
    5) kbrunner2 - 5.2 lbs
    6) TIE between CatherineElizabeth13, Linzyo and Jose2716 - 5.0 lbs
    7) JordisTSM - 4.8 lbs
    8) robinred2 - 4.6 lbs
    9) matthewsfive - 4.4 lbs
    10)Sherriediva1 - 4.3 lbs

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL!! Let's try to beat our numbers next week. Good luck Everyone!!
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, team!!!

I'm going to work on meal planning this week. That seems to be my biggest issue. I'm great on exercising. I'm still doing Zombies 5k 3 days a week, StrongLifts 5X5 3 days a week, plus some extra calisthenics, yoga and stretching exercises.

Have a great week team!!
  • FluffySquid
    FluffySquid Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey team! My plan for this week is not to constantly weigh myself, and instead to try and focus on how I'm feeling
  • stm712015
    Options
    klelk2 wrote: »
    Fantastic job, team!!!

I'm going to work on meal planning this week. That seems to be my biggest issue. I'm great on exercising. I'm still doing Zombies 5k 3 days a week, StrongLifts 5X5 3 days a week, plus some extra calisthenics, yoga and stretching exercises.

Have a great week team!!

Meal planning is huge, isn't it? Makes all the difference in the world. I've noticed this past week, when I didn't plan or pre-make any meals like I normally do, that I really struggled to eat healthy and log everything. Good luck, and let us know how it's going!
  • stm712015
    Options
    Hey team! My plan for this week is not to constantly weigh myself, and instead to try and focus on how I'm feeling

Ooooh, good one! How often were you weighing yourself? I weigh each morning because I find it helps set the tone for my day and I'm used to seeing some fluctuations so I try not to get too wrapped up in the number. I think you're spot on about focusing on how you feel.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Feel like i shouldn't of been included in the top 3, i was sick which was the reason i lost so many pounds and it isn't fair to claim the lose. I wish i had asked not to be included in the rankings.

Great job to the whole team.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    CHANGE for Team RUN TRACK MINDS

Below is a message received today from one of your team members:
    lotte0989
    run track minds (i think)
    I am going to have to leave the challenge, as I have been in hospital since Thursday night. I have had surgery now to remove a 7cm heamoraging cyst and my body has been pumped full of co2 during the procedure. I am currently unable to move out of bed without difficulty so it seems impossible for me to carry on. :(

I have removed lotte0989 from your team. Because she removed herself from the team for medical reasons the team will not be impacted by her not submitting her weigh-in. I have adjusted the spreadsheet accordingly.

I wish @lotte0989 a speedy recovery!
  • stm712015
    Options
    Feel like i shouldn't of been included in the top 3, i was sick which was the reason i lost so many pounds and it isn't fair to claim the lose. I wish i had asked not to be included in the rankings.

Great job to the whole team.

No worries on being included, I just hope you feel better now.
  • stm712015
    Options
    CHANGE for Team RUN TRACK MINDS

Below is a message received today from one of your team members:
    lotte0989
    run track minds (i think)
    I am going to have to leave the challenge, as I have been in hospital since Thursday night. I have had surgery now to remove a 7cm heamoraging cyst and my body has been pumped full of co2 during the procedure. I am currently unable to move out of bed without difficulty so it seems impossible for me to carry on. :(

I have removed lotte0989 from your team. Because she removed herself from the team for medical reasons the team will not be impacted by her not submitting her weigh-in. I have adjusted the spreadsheet accordingly.

I wish @lotte0989 a speedy recovery!

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you heal quickly @lotte0989 !!
  • stm712015
    edited April 2016
    Options
    We've had some great weigh in's already this week. Great job!

Today's my weigh in day. I'm afraid I'm up .8 lb. I'm using a new scale and it's slightly heavier than my old one. Sorry about that! :(

How's everyone doing?
  • NorwegianGuy
    NorwegianGuy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I had a great week last week - but this week I've been traveling a lot. Not expecting a big loss like last week...
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    stm712015 wrote: »
    My check in:
    Well... I've been struggling a bit. I've had two surgeries this past week that required general anesthesia, along with moving out of my home of three years on Thursday, which threw me off track in my normal routine. I usually prep my food on the weekends, and log each day. This week, I did little of that. I also donated most of my belongings because I'm downsizing, and the old, trusty scale was one of the things to go. I've temporary moved in with my parents until the first week of May and their scale says I'm 1.5 lbs heavier! UGH!
    Obviously, these are all excuses, although I think they're valid challenges... I need to give it my all no matter what's going on in my life. So, I'm going to use this week to keep eating healthy, logging and staying within my calorie allotment, and checking in with all of you each day.

How's everyone else doing?

Wow! A difficult week for you! I hope things settle down and get back to normal for you! :)
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I had a great week last week - but this week I've been traveling a lot. Not expecting a big loss like last week...

Great job last week! I too am not expecting a big loss... just hoping at this point I don't gain. We will see! :)