Online Cheating

Options

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's cheating if you hide it. When you do things you don't want your spouse/SO to know about, there's a problem.

I think we're overgeneralizing. There's a boundary line, and exactly where it's at is a little different for each of us. Not all online flirters are cheaters.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Lol why is this even a question, someone who wants to cheat will do so online, offline or whatever.  It ur profile and u have all the control who to befriend and who not to. 
    - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

Reminded me of the movie "When Harry meet Sally" I think Harry said the exact same. Ohhh I should watch that movie again 
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have a women only rule who sometimes joke about sexy stuff. So What.
    But I do have 1 male friend.. Who never says anything remotely flirtish to me.... Hes completely respectful and very focused in his workout and nutrition routine.... There are a few gay men who I'd like to ask to be my friend here, being that my best male friends throughout life have been gay. And theres never any sexual threats with that. And.... They are fun, positive, help me with my belly dancing, wardrobe, hair.

I did accept this one males request, when I first started here on MFP... And it turned out he was a major womanizer, and he had all these chicks for friends (With boobie pictures) and he flirted with all of them.. I felt I didn't want him in my friends list, out of respect for my husband. I recently got two requests from guys here.. One.. The shirtless cowboy... The other one... He was shirtless and trying to look sexy... Both had NO NOTE whatsoever to say why they may want to be friends. No thanks.... This stuff here about what I eat and my eating/losing weight struggles, is for me to share only with friends I feel comfortable with... Again..... Its not Match.com here. Thats on a different site... Haaaah.
  • laurenleighlugo
    Options
    I don't have any guy friends on here. Its better not to. Just girls for support. That's really all you need! :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It's like friends any where else. I have male friends and female friends. So does he. Why does having a friend of the opposite sex automatically mean you're cheating?

The guys that are on my friend list are just as supportive as my female friends, maybe even more so.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Im a flirt! And I think its so cool that we can flaunt what we have worked for on here rather than go somewhere and actually act on your desires or thoughts! Ladies what's up? JK! haha!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    having friends of the opposite sex not a problem. talking about anything you wouldn't want your S.O. to hear/see is a problem. you know if your being inappropriate or not
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    I don't have any guy friends on here. Its better not to. Just girls for support. That's really all you need! :)

Aww too bad cause we're from the same city!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

That's quite sad really... I have a lot of Male MFPs that and they're all here for the right reasons and not perverts or anything. I have my boyfriend on my MFP list but I didn't use to and he didn't care either because we trust each other. Likewise he has lady MFPs. Don't accept people who are clearly sharking... (semi naked photos and all girl MFPs) and delete those who it wasn't so obvious but it becomes apparent! Happy days!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    if your "flirt" wt someone that you don't know online , it seems kind of sad.
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

^^^^^AGREE^^^^^
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My male friends on here are nothing but respectful and supportive. Almost like people...
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My two most motivating MFP friends are men! They give me lots of encouragement. There is nothing sexual about it.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options

There are many men like that, but there are some decent, kind men out there who get lumped in with the jerks just because they are male. I also don't agree that men and women cannot be friends without sex coming up. Not everyone is looking to hook up.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I do tend to feel more comfortable in the company of men too and always have, never been the type to have loads of girl friends... My profile makes it clear that I am happily married and as long as that is respected, it's ok.

Same here. I have more girlfriends now than I EVER have in all my life!! And it's only because I have 5 kids... (When you have kids in school, you tend to get to know their friends and their friends' moms and dads. So you naturally build friendships.)

But prior to children, most of my friends were guys. Not exactly sure why but guessing it's probably because most of my hobbies are not exactly what the majority of women (at least in this area) are fond of.

And, no, I never slept with any of my guy friends. Ever.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have lots of both. They are all sexy and either sex can flirt with me and get me all horny and ready to jump my HUSBAND!!! I really dont think he cares. :blushing: :tongue:

Oh yeah, we can just be friends too, if that's all you want. :flowerforyou:

And this is just one more reason why I love you passionately, Beth! :love:
  • seXxXkitten
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all - it's not like it's real life... it's all in fun - why not flirt a little... personally, I wouldn't consider it cheating... it's totally harmless, right?
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My best friend other than my wife is a female and I usually get along with females better than males. I'm completely faithful to my wife and she knows about me being on this site and knows most of my friends are female. We have no worries about the other being unfaithful. I know not all guys are like me but I know how I am.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all - it's not like it's real life... it's all in fun - why not flirt a little... personally, I wouldn't consider it cheating... it's totally harmless, right?

It's only harmless until someone catches a virus.
  • seXxXkitten
    Options

It's only harmless until someone catches a virus.

Too true - too true.. ha ha