Online Cheating

Options

Replies

• dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    big difference between having friends of the opposite sex and cheating. However, with that said, my husband has full access to MFP and my FB accounts as I have to his. If he didn't like someone or was uncomfortable with the way someone was speaking to me then I would defriend that person. He is the most important person in my life.
  • ATGM41
    ATGM41 Posts: 9
    Options
    Subjectively speaking....

Humans are procreative. :) It doesn't mean much if you don't understand life.
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

I disagree totally. They do not with me and nor do they with most of the people I know. I think you must have run into more than your fair share of sleaze bags. We're not all "only interested in one thing".

I agree with the pirate... No offense, just always wanted to say that. But, I have many friends and most of them are female. I am supportive of all of them, doesn't mean I want to sleep with all of them. They are people on the same road I am on.
  • ATGM41
    ATGM41 Posts: 9
    Options
    Both men and women can ask themselves this one question....why is marriage necessary? Who does it benefit?
    Women need it and benefit from it. What do men gain from it?
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have male friends in real life and on Facebook. However, I don't accept friend requests from males on here. I feel much more comfortable speaking about certain issues on my page if there are no men to see it.

My SO trusts me completely; it has nothing to do with him.
  • cheater1977
    Options
    Men and women can't be just friends and that's is a fact... My wife had a profile on here and was getting to close to some of the people on here IM, pictures, staying up till 4 in the morn talking and doing god knows what else...and it almost cost her her REAL LIFE... I've read the post and my hat is off to those that use it as a tool to get fit or to stay in shape and not as a dating or sexting sit.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!
    this for me too
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am not looking for a "girl friend" here. Maybe it is better for men stick with the men and women stick with the women.... but there seems to be a good deal more women here than men.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Men and women can't be just friends and that's is a fact... My wife had a profile on here and was getting to close to some of the people on here IM, pictures, staying up till 4 in the morn talking and doing god knows what else...and it almost cost her her REAL LIFE... I've read the post and my hat is off to those that use it as a tool to get fit or to stay in shape and not as a dating or sexting sit.

Sorry that's happened to you, but that says more about your relationship than about other people's ability to maintain platonic friendships with the opposite sex.

Your experience doesn't make anything a fact.

Fact!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hearing all the stories about people cheating on their spouses, what is your take on having friends of the opposite sex at MyFitnessPal?

How does having friends of the opposite sex online or offline equate to cheating on your spouse?
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    I think men and women Can be just friends, I've done it. However, most men AND women are just attention *kitten*, we flirt only for the attention because it makes us feel good to be noticed, that's it.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have friends of the opposite sex in real life so why not on MFP .... my hubby has female friends also .....
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    *slowly backs out of thread*
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ruth, you are soooooo correct! I agree with you 100%
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It makes me so sad when people believe that men and women can't be friends. They must value themselves so little to think that they couldn't possibly have anything to offer someone of the opposite sex other than sex, that half the population couldn't possibly be interested in them for any other reason. Yes, some people just see all opposite-sex relationships as sexual ones. But a lot of us just see people as people. If someone shares my unusual interests, then I want to be friends with that person regardless of their chromosomal makeup. If someone is fun to be around, then I want to be around them, even if they have the "wrong" genitalia.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    My female friends on MFP are just that: Friends. We support and encourage each other.

You mean you aren't trying to constantly sex them up?
    :noway:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'll hold my hands up and say I've only read the first page, but GOOD GRIEF, I am perfectly capable of speaking to a male without turning it into a flirt-fest, my husband is capable of the same with females, and we both have friends of the opposite sex on Facebook and *gasps* IN REAL LIFE!! Even WORSE, occasionally we both 'flirt' with other people AND have done it in front of each other without it ending in any shenanigans (though he'd completely deny it and say he's just being friendly, lol).

Of course there are people on MFP, FB and in all other walks of life who enjoy flirting whether it be with any intention of ever acting on it or not, but you can't and shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. I've managed to flirt with quite a few males over the last 19 years I've been with MrWW and have never once been unfaithful, not even kissed another man, and I'd like to think he's been faithful too.

Simply quite ridiculous to say that you can't be friends. Ridiculous. Maybe you and yours should go live in a convent or monastery so you don't succumb to the temptation that you have so obviously built up in your imagination. :grumble:
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Some of your comments are just too funny!!

I can be friends with either sex online, because at the end of the day I'm really only interacting with my keyboard and monitor :tongue:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I work in an all male environment, but I'm not a flirt so no one flirts back, it takes two people to flirt! I am friendly and chatty and enjoy talking to people and finding out about them.
    My business partner is male and he'll flirt with any female regardless of age or appearance, but the funniest thing was when one of our customers asked him out for a drink- he almost ran a mile! It was so funny!
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    Having friends of the opposite sex online and online cheating is two different things!

Obviously online cheating is wrong...very wrong!

In 'real life', I get on with guys 110% more than with women. But for some reason, on myfitnesspal I get on with women better! Or at least, I have more female friends than male - Probably because it's easier to get motivated with people who have boobies too :P

I've always been more comfortable with guys than girls, but sometimes I'm told I'm way too naive and when I think it's an innocent friendship, apparently the opposites don't see it that way. Some friendships have ended because of it, frustrating! But hey, I think as long as you know and can trust yourself, I don't see the problem. Although I know I would get slightly unnerved if my partner had a lot of girl friends, that's my insecurities, though.
    -raises glass- here here! Girls are too dramatic and read into every little thing! If im being nice im flirting, if i tell the truth im a *****, and if i dress a certain way im a slut friggin exhausting! With guys its just so much easier, my fiances bestfriend is female as mine is male :) no sexual tention at all! His is married to his other friend and mine is dating happily playin the field haha.