Online Cheating

Options
Swissmiss
Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
Hearing all the stories about people cheating on their spouses, what is your take on having friends of the opposite sex at MyFitnessPal?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Having friends of the opposite sex is fine (I've lots of them). i would never cheat. If I wanted to I would leave my partner beforehand. I have however removed people from my FL who got overly flirtatious in the past. I think its the Pirate brings out the worst in people ;)

Really depends on you. If you know you can resist temptation / are not interested and you know your SO is not the insanely jealous type then its all good.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Dr. Drew did a very interesting show on this the other night. He demonstrated that online flirting means alot more when men do so then when woman do so psychologically.

He explained that men only do things with intent. If they are trolling the web they are doing so to meet and cheat.

While woman whom are more social can flirt and turn it off and go back to their kids and husbands redirecting the online feelings into their current relationships, kinda like a romance novel.

While, I believe there is a certain point that it is cheating for both sexes don't get me wrong. I just found his theory on this subject interesting and thought I would share since you brought it up ^.^
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

I disagree totally. They do not with me and nor do they with most of the people I know. I think you must have run into more than your fair share of sleaze bags. We're not all "only interested in one thing".
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

I disagree totally. They do not with me and nor do they with most of the people I know. I think you must have run into more than your fair share of sleaze bags. We're not all "only interested in one thing".

sorry to tar you guys all with the same brush but thats how it seems to be in my experience! its actually good to hear a guy say hes different..there is hope LOL
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You argument doesn't make sense it's a bit like saying " All men are potential rapist, even the Pope"
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

Hah!

Stated like a pro :wink: :laugh:

You women are just as bad.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Totally messed up my reply somehow.

Anyways, yes we're not all stalkers. I'm here with my fiancee to support her and to get a bit fitter and to also crack jokes and be way too sarcastic for my own good.

I have seen guys on here who seem to use it just as a place to flirt...they seem to think its Match.com or something. I ignore those people, but as mentioned above I have come across at least a couple of women who were unhappy in their relationships and who flirted a lot with the men on their FL. I defriended those people as I dont agree with it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

yes we are. we all are. men and women. we are all sluts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I was just saying guys! if you're not like that then give yourselves a pat on the back if that would help LOL
    and yes, there are plenty of women the same, I was just stating what my experience was
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    yes we are. we all are. men and women. we are all sluts.

this is the truth.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Facebook and MFP = TROUBLE! Nuff said!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm happily married to the most gorgeous man on earth but I partake in a bit of harmless flirting with both my male and female friends here. Its silly and fun. But it means nothing!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

I also completely disagree with this- all of my friends are guys in real life (I don't actually have one female friend haha)! Although hanging around lots of guys, they're bound to take the piss and joke about... it's what lads do.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Having friends of the opposite sex on MFP isn't online cheating..
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Having friends of the opposite sex online and online cheating is two different things!

Obviously online cheating is wrong...very wrong!

In 'real life', I get on with guys 110% more than with women. But for some reason, on myfitnesspal I get on with women better! Or at least, I have more female friends than male - Probably because it's easier to get motivated with people who have boobies too :P

I've always been more comfortable with guys than girls, but sometimes I'm told I'm way too naive and when I think it's an innocent friendship, apparently the opposites don't see it that way. Some friendships have ended because of it, frustrating! But hey, I think as long as you know and can trust yourself, I don't see the problem. Although I know I would get slightly unnerved if my partner had a lot of girl friends, that's my insecurities, though.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options

WOW, just wow. Men and women can't be friends without sex coming into it? Maybe you can't have males friends without wanting to jump them, but not everyone is like that.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm happily married to the most gorgeous man on earth but I partake in a bit of harmless flirting with both my male and female friends here. Its silly and fun. But it means nothing!

Is your hubby aware of it and if he is, how does he feel about it and does he also flirt? Just curious.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I don't really understand the question. Mainly because being friends with either sex on an online forum does not mean that you are or will cheat on your spouse. If someone wanted to cheat, they would whether it be online or in real life.

So I guess I am saying I will be friends with anyone as I am happily married and plan to stay that way. <3
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Theoretically I don't think that having male friends on MFP is cheating, but I feel more comfortable talking about everything surrounding my weight loss issues with women.