Online Cheating

Options

Replies

• AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Friends is one thing. I don't have many guy friends, but I do have a few, both online and in person at work.

My husband has one other female friend, though...he doesn't really talk to her. And we only see her when we arrange a playdate for our kids.

Anyway...there's a difference between friends and cheating. I would never go out after work with a male friend or co-worker unless our SO's were present also. If the conversation online gets a little...uncomfortable, we cease being friends.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm here for one thing only, sex with strangers. For the last year I have lulled my female friends on MFP from across the nation into a false sense of security by giving praise and encouragement, jokes, and the occasional flirtation so that one day I could potentially fly around the country to bang all of them.

who put the F in MFP. This guy! Thats awesome. As I hear a bit "Keep up the great work!"
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I think it's a very fine line between cheating and not cheating, and a lot of it does have to do with how you and your SO view cheating.

I think with the start of social media networking, IMing, smart phones, etc it has made it much easier and tempting to fall into something like cheating, whether it was originally meant to be that way or not.

I think people need to step back and think: "If my partner was doing this, would I be happy with them?"

Sometimes stops things in its track.

This.

Yes! Agreed.
  • pinkspanglystar
    pinkspanglystar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have spent my life with males as my best mates and nothing has ever been there romatically between us!! I find it difficult to believe that in this day and age people would always think there was another motive behind someones support. If someone openly said they were gay would you instantly feel the same way??
    - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

I disagree totally. They do not with me and nor do they with most of the people I know. I think you must have run into more than your fair share of sleaze bags. We're not all "only interested in one thing".

sorry to tar you guys all with the same brush but thats how it seems to be in my experience! its actually good to hear a guy say hes different..there is hope LOL
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I have guys on here and I appreciate their input and encouragement just as much as I do my girls.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have only female friends on MFP ,
    #1 because i know how easy it is to get caught up with the attention other men will give you
    #2 also , because when i post my progress pictures I dont need men ogling and THEN trying to friend me because of my pictures... so I dont accept any requests UNLESS they are from women.
    #3 I AM NOT HERE TO MEET MEN...
    #4 MY body is different than a mans so I dont feel the need for their input for MY success....

This is me PERSONALLY ...I dont judge what other people may or may not do. :flowerforyou:
  • AngelsHaveToFly74
    Options
    I jhave been with my Hubby for 22 years now :) and we both have friends of the opposite sex :) I don't see nothing wrong with it....but I won't flirt or anything like that with them......I love my hubby and respect him :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    My friend's list is 98% female...much better that way.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Guys are more helpful on MFP anywayz
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm here for one thing only, sex with strangers. For the last year I have lulled my female friends on MFP from across the nation into a false sense of security by giving praise and encouragement, jokes, and the occasional flirtation so that one day I could potentially fly around the country to bang all of them.

:laugh:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

best.....post.....ever
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

win
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I don't look at the gender of someone when I am looking to add them to my friends list. I look for things we might have in common, goals, hobbies, that sort of thing.
    IRL I only have one female friend. I get along better with guys, I work with mainly guys and I have always been treated as one of the guys.
    I haven't gotten any of the flirting hitting on type of comments. But it must be because I not one of the "hot" ones, or because I don't put off that vibe. I think a lot of the flirting comes from what you put out there, in posts or in your pics. I'm not saying any of it is bad, just you get back what you put out there.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don’t currently have any male friends on here, but only by coincidence. My bf has straight female friends, both online and in person.
    He can handle himself if someone gets overly flirty and I can too.

I like the rule of "don’t do anything I wouldn’t want my partner to do or would be afraid to tell him/her about". As long as he and I stick to that we’re not cheating.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Love it!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have some really hot male friends on this site but not only are they HOT, they are smart and athletic, offer me encouragement and know their stuff !! And THAT is why they are my friends, not because they are HOT. I actually had some men on my list who were REALLY HOT but they never said a word and were absent alot.... they were deleted!

Women and men can be friends, it's not "out of respect for my husband" , it;s more like "out of respect for the fact that neither one of us trust each other" ..... hey whatever works for you, but don't be so judgemental and surely you realize how WRONG your comment was ?????
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

LMFAO
  • REALBIGBATBASTARD
    REALBIGBATBASTARD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dr. Drew did a very interesting show on this the other night. He demonstrated that online flirting means alot more when men do so then when woman do so psychologically.

He explained that men only do things with intent. If they are trolling the web they are doing so to meet and cheat.

While woman whom are more social can flirt and turn it off and go back to their kids and husbands redirecting the online feelings into their current relationships, kinda like a romance novel.

While, I believe there is a certain point that it is cheating for both sexes don't get me wrong. I just found his theory on this subject interesting and thought I would share since you brought it up ^.^

I CALL BULL ****!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Hilarious...I'm here to maintain my own healthy agenda and meet PEOPLE who are like-minded that can help motivate me (and hopefully I can return the favor). I don't care if they have boy or girl parts beneath their workout clothes, as long as they're motivating and can make me laugh here and there...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Dr. Drew did a very interesting show on this the other night. He demonstrated that online flirting means alot more when men do so then when woman do so psychologically.

He explained that men only do things with intent. If they are trolling the web they are doing so to meet and cheat.

While woman whom are more social can flirt and turn it off and go back to their kids and husbands redirecting the online feelings into their current relationships, kinda like a romance novel.

While, I believe there is a certain point that it is cheating for both sexes don't get me wrong. I just found his theory on this subject interesting and thought I would share since you brought it up ^.^

I CALL BULL ****!

It would take an act of a God I dont believe in to honestly try to hook up with someone on this site. 20 times out of 10 I will do everything in my power to discourage it and I will ask three or four times that I be removed as a friend before I do it myself.

Its true.

I can have all the guy friends I want on my FL, but if you actually try to meet me - i will shut down and shut you down quicker than your last running PR. Ive met a slight handful of people from here, and my neighbor is one of the badass regulars around here on the forums- but Im honestly going to say that I am only interested in meeting a few of my girlfriends on here. Of course there is a platonic exception here and there - but its mostly girls that I would pursue a real life friendship with.

I love boys on my FL.
    Im scared shtless of them transitioning to real life.

I would RUN