I'm down 10% this morning!!!!

Options
BStruble2
BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
I'm not going to make my original March goal of hitting 215, but weighing in this morning at 221.2 means I have lost 10% since starting my 2 week prep!!! I don't feel very different yet but people are noticing :)

Replies

• bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    10% is HUGE!

Believe me, even at 111lbs down there are times I still feel and see myself as 307lbs. It's a difficult process to change our perceptions of ourselves. If you look in the Before/Current thread, I sobbed when I received the before photo in early January. I never saw myself that way...but I felt huge. My trainer is one of my therapists, lol, not his choice. Yesterday we talked about how I still feel like I did in the summer, and little things shake me into reality. He was totally confused until I pointed out when we started we had to adjust handles on a specific machine so I could fit. Now, I don't have to adjust them...that's when my brain catches up for a few moments.

All that gibberish is agreeing with the idea that others notice, but you don't. lol!

Congrats!
  • nakeddog
    nakeddog Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    10% is great, and I have tried many times, so I know it can be a challenge. Curious do they ask you to lose 10% before surgery?
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    nakeddog wrote: »
    10% is great, and I have tried many times, so I know it can be a challenge. Curious do they ask you to lose 10% before surgery?

I did a 6 month "observation" period where I met monthly with them and they taught me how to eat better (more like a "sleeve") and got me in the right mind set. I struggled and gained and lost the same 5 pounds repeatedly, but ended lower than I started so I was approved. I wish I would have been more strict and followed the prep more and I would be at an even better point than I am now.

Thanks guys :)
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @nakeddog all surgeons/insurance companies are different. I had no requirement to lose weight from either. I did lose 25lbs before surgery, but that was for me, not for "them". :wink:
  • nakeddog
    nakeddog Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess I will see what they say when I meet with them. :)