Get Fueled with Fat

Options
Curlieree
Curlieree Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
How many of you have difficulty getting your fat marcros in daily without consuming too much protein? Let's share some secrets to making sure we stay fueled with fat!

Replies

• Curlieree
    Curlieree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Some of my most recent fat burners consist of adding coconut oil to my coffee and eating macadamia nuts for snack and adding avocado’s to my meals.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take a few sips of cod liver oil through out the day for some extra fat :P
  • jarxxi
    jarxxi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like putting coconut oil in my black tea :)
  • joaoabarca
    joaoabarca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    very difficult, eat bullet coffee (coffee with coconut oil and butter), eggs scrambled, avocado with olive oil, but hard to meet 2000 cals required to anabolism muscle
  • docabif
    docabif Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to do that and still feel not hungry. I really need to know about foods with high fat content. Help guys
  • kamaretto
    kamaretto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i like bulletproof coffee, avocados, blue cheese, full-fat sour cream (30%), bacon bits (make your own), feta cheese and havarti, garlic caesar dressing.... Then snack on coconut slices or some fatty nuts as others have mentioned
  • ShelJomfp
    ShelJomfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be blitzing so many threads today but I've been waiting to chat about this stuff for way too long. Thanks for this group, @Curlieree
    • Olives
    • Guacamole cups - travel well and no worry about how ripe they are
    • Whole avocados
    • Coconut butter/manna
    • Home made mayo

I was using nuts in the beginning but they're calorie dense and can add too many carb grams.
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    Options
    I'm nervous!! :/ We've all been taught that some of these fats
    are "bad" for us. My family has a history of heart disease,
    high blood pressure, and breast cancer. :( I am worried that if
    I do this kind of eating it will increase my risk, etc. :o

Any thoughts?
  • seussbaby
    seussbaby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous!! :/ We've all been taught that some of these fats
    are "bad" for us. My family has a history of heart disease,
    high blood pressure, and breast cancer. :( I am worried that if
    I do this kind of eating it will increase my risk, etc. :o

Any thoughts?
    I'm nervous too! Keto is exactly opposite of how i've been eating for years, however, with all the juicing and low fat stuff i've been doing, now my blood sugar is up. living can be very confusing!! when did you start keto? i'm a week into it and struggling.
  • xoberutangis
    xoberutangis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Personally I start off most days with a cup of coffee blended with 2 oz of coconut milk, and 2 tbsp of MCT Oil / coconut oil. Gives me a nice boost and adds a nice 30G of fat without any protein or carbs to start the day off (okay like .2 of a carb with the coconut milk) (works really well with a stick blender, and takes a few seconds to get it ready), depending on what I am aiming for that day I might even have 2 or 3 cups that way.

Honestly I feel great on keto, it's when I mess up and get off it I feel like crap and remember why I do it heh

Nothing like having a bunch of french fries and crap then waking up sweating like crazy all night to remind me to get back on the bandwagon!
    ~Eli
  • ashucas
    ashucas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both just started keto but for different reasons. I would like to loose weight and get healthier and he would like to fight cancer and gain weight. I am finding it hard to help him get in enough fat and calories without eating too much protein. I am reading a lot about adding in MCT or coconut oils but he is still feeling hungry. Any suggestions?