Week 1 Daily Check-In Thread for April (Friday April 1st through Friday April 8th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Ok everyone, tomorrow is day 1 ! I hope you are all as eager to start kicking some butt as I am :) this is where we will check-in daily and post about what we did as far as exercise for that day, how we did food wise and all that other fun stuff :) I rarely get time in the evenings to post so I will probably be posting what I did the morning after :) Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• AZI1983
    AZI1983 Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm so excited! This group rocks. So far in the past 13 days I've lost 2.9lbs, increased my exercise/steps per day/ and water intake, and remained accountable even through a minor depression pms day... Here's to an amazing April my friends! Let's own it B)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    We got this! As usual I have all of my meals for the day pre-planned and prepped, I plan on starting day 1 of the 30 day challenge I posted about in another thread when I get home from work tonight :)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My food was on track today and I walked 4.5 miles. I lost 21lb in March but I am very big. Hope to lose a decent amount in april though will not be that much again.
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    On track so far today. OMG I'm realizing how much of my calories are carbs and sugar!! Holy Moly!!! I'm just getting a grip on how even "healthy foods" can have loads of sugar. First step is assessing the problem.. I'll be watching this all week.
    Good Job everyone!
  • heatherc369
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My eating was on point, no time to focus on my steps but between the 30 day Challenge I'm doing on here and a challenge hubby and I started today I did 110 squats, 30 Lunges, 20 Sit-ups, 10 Push-ups and 50 jumping Jacks . I'm hoping hubby n I will get bikes this weekend so we can start going on bike rides too :) Good luck everyone!
  • Allie6011012
    Allie6011012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    right ktmc? sometimes I'm so surprised with 'healthy' things~ then you read the label and its so high in sugar ( nature valley bars were a big surprise to me, but i still like them, just a little less often). Strong work with the 30 challenge Heather, you just might inspire me to try one in May. Sounds like you are on track OW.
    I walked the dog, but didn't have any deliberate exercise today, I did however avoid major MAJOR cravings for chocolate. I ate within my calorie goals....sweet success.
    Night Folks ! Here's to a good day 2 tomorrow !!:)
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Today was wacky. Travelled out of town for kids' school competition, but managed to eat healthy! Packed lunches, snacks, etc... Only a handful of calories over 1200! Proud of that! It was a 5 hour drive, so lots of sitting, but managed to get 10,900 steps in! I guess dealing with elementary school kids and traveling means chasing after a lot of monkeys! :P over all, a good day, I think! Tomorrow will be a different story! Competition in a High School all day, only food will be food trucks and fast food... I might be a vegetarian for a day and eat all my apples, oranges, celery sticks and carrots... Hehe
  • heatherc369
    Options
    right ktmc? sometimes I'm so surprised with 'healthy' things~ then you read the label and its so high in sugar ( nature valley bars were a big surprise to me, but i still like them, just a little less often). Strong work with the 30 challenge Heather, you just might inspire me to try one in May. Sounds like you are on track OW.
    I walked the dog, but didn't have any deliberate exercise today, I did however avoid major MAJOR cravings for chocolate. I ate within my calorie goals....sweet success.
    Night Folks ! Here's to a good day 2 tomorrow !!:)

I plan on doing a new one each month, I will post them so anyone wants to join can :) Good job today!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Asked my 9yo daughter what she wanted to do today and she wanted to ride bikes! I was so excited! We rode in the bike path down to the river about 4 miles round trip.. She thought she was going to die but we made it! Glad I can help teach her an active lifestyle thet will benefit her all her life. Nice pot roast & salad for lunch. Yum. We both feel great :)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    How fun ! I did the challenge and ate.....ok...not great but not horrible, todays,breakfast isn't the best but it's what the family wanted me to make !
  • AZI1983
    AZI1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yesterday I threw a baby shower for my best friend and totally fell off the wagon just a little food wise! I had two and a half mini cupcakes and a couple slices of raspberry pudding bread... But I also had a ton of vegetables some fresh fruit. I drive for a living so sitting in my car for 12 hours it's kind of hard without going too fast food, but I even managed to skip that this weekend which I'm really proud about! Almost fell off the wagon but and the one time I did we went to a local burger shop and I had a burger without any condiments. So I don't feel too bad about that. But I'll sure say that McDonald's was tempting this morning at 4 a.m. when I was driving home! Got to go shopping today and I feel good about decision making. Hope you ladies have a great week ahead :smiley:
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I did fairly well this weekend , went over my calories today bc it's our traditional every other Sunday Gelati from Jeremiah's day :) was happy to see the number on the scale this morning too!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Considering we were out of town until this afternoon, I didn't do horribly bad, it was hard to find quality food, and I went over my calories by a little!
    I did get around 12,000 steps per day and we took a family walk this evening, and on the way all 3 of my men got shakes, I skipped it even though I was dieing for a chocolate one! so, I'm be content with my effort!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    Considering we were out of town until this afternoon, I didn't do horribly bad, it was hard to find quality food, and I went over my calories by a little!
    I did get around 12,000 steps per day and we took a family walk this evening, and on the way all 3 of my men got shakes, I skipped it even though I was dieing for a chocolate one! so, I'm be content with my effort!

Good job girly! It's really hard watching people indulge, mad props!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Today my eating was on point, as usual during the week lol my exercise consisted of the following ...
    9 sets of 10 Standing Bicycles
    9 sets of 20 Squats
    9 sets of 9 Lunges
    9 sets of 20 Forward Arm Circles
    9 sets of 20 Backward Arm Circles
    2 sets of 13 Sit-ups
    2 sets of 10 Push-ups
    1 minute vigorous jumping Jacks (this was no joke lol)

I did all but the sit ups n push ups throughout the day while at work :)
  • Allie6011012
    Allie6011012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @ Nadia, Im going to be doing a road trip in a week and a half, I'm not looking forward to it, Its so hard to find healthy choices, so I guess I'll be packing stuff for breakfast and lunch and just trying damage control for dinner time. yikes !
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @ Nadia, Im going to be doing a road trip in a week and a half, I'm not looking forward to it, Its so hard to find healthy choices, so I guess I'll be packing stuff for breakfast and lunch and just trying damage control for dinner time. yikes !
    It's hard but doable! I packed a cooler filled with lots of apples, oranges, carrots, cherry tomatoes. Even a pack of romaine lettuce!!!!! Whole wheat Pita chips, hummus, cucumbers, that kind of thing!!! Good luck. Remember to drink lots of water!!!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Failure to plan is like planning to fail ;) You got this!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Eating was on point today, hard looking at my son's Easter chocolate but I've been doing good so far :)
    Today I was not as active due to doctors appointments but this is what I did -
    3 sets of 20 Squats
    4 sets of 9 Lunges
    3 sets of 20 Standing Bicycles
    3 sets of 20 Forward Arm Circles
    3 sets of 20 Backward Arm Circles
    2 sets of 15 Sit-ups
    2 sets of 10 Push-ups
    1 set of 5 Push-ups
  • heatherc369
    Options

Well it was hubby's b-day so I enduldged a little, small slice of cake and a couple bites of ice cream :( But stayed active most of the day

10sets of 20 Squats
    10 sets of 9 Lunges
    10 sets of 20 Standing Bicycles
    10 sets of 20 Forward Arm Circles
    10 sets of 20 Backward Arm Circles
    2 sets of 20 Sit-ups
    3 sets of 10 Push-ups

This discussion has been closed.