Replies

• cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Hi! I'm Cee and I love a challenge!
  • bufcmk
    bufcmk Posts: 54 Member
    Hello. Enjoyed the last challenge- looking forward to another one
    Sorry, i came into this lat, has been kind of hectic lately
    You will have to let me know what team I am on.
    Thanks
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Hi - My name is actually Midori but I have some serious Hispanic influences in my life so my online name is VerdeMujer. Verde/Midori = green in English so it actually makes very good sense to call myself Green Woman. Midori is Japanese and no, I'm not Japanese. I have 3 kids - 2 in college (they are twins) and a boy at home who is about to embark into middle school but I just want to get him through his final elementary year right now. I'm very active with him in Boy Scouts. I love to ride my bike in good weather and gardening gives me bliss. I actually love karate too but finding time to practice it hard in my very busy life. Karate is truly a lifetime mindset and I have some guilt that other things just edge it out. Perspectives right? Diabetes is a family genetic issue for me and I really am worried that I have reach a tipping point age & weight wise so I'm currently putting off a doctor visit. My hope is that this Challenge and better Spring weather in April will let me slide through the mandatory visit later this spring without a diagnosis. And then I better use this month to quit messing around with this issue. Yo-yoing my weight is just not a good thing.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    verdemujer wrote: »
    Hi - My name is actually Midori but I have some serious Hispanic influences in my life so my online name is VerdeMujer. Verde/Midori = green in English so it actually makes very good sense to call myself Green Woman. Midori is Japanese and no, I'm not Japanese. I have 3 kids - 2 in college (they are twins) and a boy at home who is about to embark into middle school but I just want to get him through his final elementary year right now. I'm very active with him in Boy Scouts. I love to ride my bike in good weather and gardening gives me bliss. I actually love karate too but finding time to practice it hard in my very busy life. Karate is truly a lifetime mindset and I have some guilt that other things just edge it out. Perspectives right? Diabetes is a family genetic issue for me and I really am worried that I have reach a tipping point age & weight wise so I'm currently putting off a doctor visit. My hope is that this Challenge and better Spring weather in April will let me slide through the mandatory visit later this spring without a diagnosis. And then I better use this month to quit messing around with this issue. Yo-yoing my weight is just not a good thing.

Hi Verde! Did your son have his crossover ceremony for Boy Scouts yet? I have a son who is a First Class, and my 10 year old will be a Webelos 2 next year. I'm excited to get them both into the Boy Scout side so I can take a step back a bit. Haha Of course, my now 4 year old will join in a couple years and I'll have to start all over again in Tigers. :tongue:
    I hope your doctor visit goes well, when you do go. Have you been told you were pre-diabetic or anything yet?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Anneysmith wrote: »
    Hello! I am 37 years old with an 8 month old baby. Had an emergency c-section and now i think i am ready and able to get into (better) shape. While my goal is to lose weight, i really want to decrease my body fat % and get rid of my abdominal fat. I am hoping this helps me achieve this and get some inspiration and guidance. Thanks for organizing it!

Congrats on the baby! :smile:
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Hi, I'm Terri. I'm a 42 year old mom of a very precocious 8-year old girl. My husband Kevin and I have been married for 17 1/2 years, and have encountered many challenges. A good chunk of my weight gain happened after I encountered many gynecological health issues, culminating in a hysterectomy 14 years ago. (Yes, our daughter is adopted. :smile: ) Due to the health issues, my diet went from mediocre to terrible; I was very sedentary; and became depressed, especially when 2 of my best friends and both my sisters-in-law became pregnant within a year of my surgery. After that I had used MFP and successfully lost about 30 pounds. I then became laden with gastrointestinal and neurological issues, so more weight was added due to inactivity and bad diet (especially over the past 1.5 years, partly due to not being able to anything on my own.) My husband has certainly been a great source of support! I now have 100+ pounds to lose, and this will be a great starting place for me. I have two 5K run/walks scheduled in the next few months, and have a personal goal to fit into the seat on my favorite roller coaster by my birthday in August.
  • mfkellam
    mfkellam Posts: 76 Member
    verdemujer wrote: »

• mfkellam
    mfkellam Posts: 76 Member
    Hi my name is Millie( real name Milagros). I work as an executive assistant for an agency that services children with disabilities 0-5 years old( in need of SLPs, OTs, & PTs) I'm married to an awesome gentleman (Mark) of 13 yrs. I have a great son, and three beautiful grandchildren. I love aerobics, dancing, painting(crafts) and gardening. Sean and Lisa are friends of ours and we love them dearly. Thanks to their challenge I lost more weight in less amount of time than if I was to do this alone, so thank you my dear friends for your help!!!
    Now let's Rock this month!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Rae and I'm 55 years old with a birthday during this challenge. I retired about 15 months ago and managed to gain about 30 pounds very quickly. Even though I'd had a desk job for many years, I was pretty active. I always took the stairs instead of the elevator and walked on my breaks and lunch. Without that structure, I wasn't getting much exercise. I joined MFP about a year ago and dropped about 20 pounds. Since the first of the year I've been at a plateau and really want to get this last 10 pounds off!

For exercise I do yoga, aquasize, walking, hiking, gardening and disc golf. My husband (of nearly 35 years) and I play disc golf every chance we get and it's great exercise and great fun!

I also love MFP challenges and I'm doing multiple ones at the same time. Sometimes hard to keep track of everything, but it really helps keep me motivated.

Go Team Omarosa!
  • Anneysmith
    Anneysmith Posts: 163 Member
    @MzManiak thank you!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    I'm a 45 yr old Mom of two boys 10 and 16 yrs. I need to lose 100-130 lbs. I'm aiming for 2 yrs to do that. I have to deal with some difficult circumstances while aiming for this overall goal. I'm so with all of you who are realizing that through all of the blessings and hurdles in life...we have to take care of ourselves. I'm so excited to be back on a challenge lead by Sean and Lisa. I promise to do my part.
  • annanoell
    annanoell Posts: 80 Member
    Hi! I'm Anna, I am 35 yrs old and a mother to 2 children ages 2 & 5. I love being active, my favorite activity being horseback riding. I also love to bake and eat sweets especially, that is my struggle. I'd like to lose about 50 lbs. I used to be a runner but my knees are giving me problems. I'm hoping it will get better the lighter I get though. If anyone has advice on how to not ruin your knees running please let me in on what works!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    [quote="MzManiak;35989557
    Hi Verde! Did your son have his crossover ceremony for Boy Scouts yet? I have a son who is a First Class, and my 10 year old will be a Webelos 2 next year. I'm excited to get them both into the Boy Scout side so I can take a step back a bit. Haha Of course, my now 4 year old will join in a couple years and I'll have to start all over again in Tigers. :tongue:
    I hope your doctor visit goes well, when you do go. Have you been told you were pre-diabetic or anything yet? [/quote]

Hello MzManiak - we crossed over a year ago now. What a year too! He's made 1st class and now working on star. Trying to keep the momentum up for Eagle and then on into Venturing. I'm pretty active with the Troop as I decided I liked being a Committee Chair. Will work this month for health and do the doctor in May. Need to have the Form C done before summer camp in July. I haven't been told I'm pre-diabetic but I know the test was on the fence the last time and they were telling me to watch my carbs. Carbs have such a bad rap meanwhile, there are carbs in everything. Oh well. Working this challenge will help.