Leslie Sansone April 2016 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
April (2016)

WELCOME to all walkers!

Happy April Fools Day :) Yes, it is really true that it is time to start a new monthly challenge! For April 2016!

April showers will be bringing :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: May flowers :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Spring is here! As well as more rain than usual for some of us. Yet for some of us it still looks a bit like winter with some snow falling or hanging around, but hopefully some little tiny flowers are peeking up through any snow ;) At any rate lets all make April another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue walking through 2016.

We will be heading into summer before we know it, so lets take advantage of the pleasant walking weather :) . There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what this year has turned out to be for each of us thus far! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Since it is officially Spring then there will be much to see on our walks now as the seasons change. Then getting out to walk your miles will ensure that we don't miss anything as spring flowers and beautiful flowering trees and gardens appear. Raining??? Then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into April of 2016! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is gone and Spring is here. So join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy April. No fooling :p

Let us continue through 2016 by walking strong and with the determination!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for a 100 in April and hope to surpass it.
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Nice intro texasgardnr.
    Great goal 2020pinktogo

Having made my March goal of 20 miles in 20 days, I want to continue into April.
    I am going to set my goal for 35 miles - so slightly more than a mile a day, but will also allow for a 'day off' or if I get busy with other things. My goal for 2016 is 'a better me', and this is only 1 aspect of it.

Best wishes to everyone as we progress on our journey to healthier lifestyles.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I with pinktogo....going for 100 miles with hopes of surpassing it. Walk strong friends.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    2.5/100
    I went to the park.
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    1/35
    Walked 1 mile with Leslie.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    April goal
    - 110 miles (to beat last April)
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps
    - finish my company taxes (year end was March 31st) because I want to be ready for the golf course when it opens up !!
    - organize my craft room and my pictures and be ready for a scrapbooking retreat April 22nd. And have the majority of miles in so I don't have to worry about it at the end of the month.

I think it is important to set goals for more than just walking, everything (in my world anyway) requires time and a priority. And on that note....walked the hallways in the hotel this morning because I was afraid I wouldn't make my 10,000 steps today!! Then when we got home earlier than expected - walked my dog....Yeah me!!!

April 1 - 5.7 miles - 12,648 steps (1/10)
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Thank you texasgardnr!! You always start us with inspiration
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am in, sorry to be late! I am still fighting with my knee but doing well. I am not letting it stop me. I am in for 150 this month. I use a variety of Leslies dvds. The one I enjoy the most lately is burn to the beat, I do the 5mph walk 4 times, then the stretch. It is quick and I can get it done first thing in the morning before work. The weekends I like to do the advanced 5 miles with the weights and stretch band and belt. (its an oldie). I have a bunch so try and mix it up depending on my time and energy.

4/1
    4 Miles with Leslie today
    4 Miles with Leslie total

4 Miles outside today
    4 Miles outside total

8 Total Miles ~~~ Goal 150

I have been doing some walk/jog on the trails when we take the dogs, my little Yorkie poo doesn't like me to be ahead of her so she jumps in front of me to stop me, my Schnorkie looks behind us to see what is chasing us, its the funniest thing! My German Shepard just enjoys the running. They make me laugh and make our outside walks fun.

Happy Walking Everyone!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I keep trying to get in these walking challenges and something keeps coming up to keep me from doing them. But this time, I'm IN and staying in!!!!! (Darn it!) I'm going to go for 100 in April. It's been awhile since I've been active on a regular basis so I don't want to push it too hard, but if I can keep up with the plan I've got worked out I should be able to do 100 miles.

Have fun!
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. It's been a while and I would like to rejoin. I'm going for 100 miles with Leslie and 345000 total steps.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    April goal
    - finish my company taxes (year end was March 31st) because I want to be ready for the golf course when it opens up !!
    - organize my craft room and my pictures and be ready for a scrapbooking retreat April 22nd. And have the majority of miles in so I don't have to worry about it at the end of the month.

I think it is important to set goals for more than just walking, everything (in my world anyway) requires time and a priority. And on that note....walked the hallways in the hotel this morning because I was afraid I wouldn't make my 10,000 steps today!! Then when we got home earlier than expected - walked my dog....Yeah me!!!

LOL I love this!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    I am in, sorry to be late! I am still fighting with my knee but doing well. I am not letting it stop me. I am in for 150 this month. I use a variety of Leslies dvds. The one I enjoy the most lately is burn to the beat, I do the 5mph walk 4 times, then the stretch. It is quick and I can get it done first thing in the morning before work. The weekends I like to do the advanced 5 miles with the weights and stretch band and belt. (its an oldie). I have a bunch so try and mix it up depending on my time and energy.

4/1
    4 Miles with Leslie today
    4 Miles with Leslie total

4 Miles outside today
    4 Miles outside total

8 Total Miles ~~~ Goal 150

I have been doing some walk/jog on the trails when we take the dogs, my little Yorkie poo doesn't like me to be ahead of her so she jumps in front of me to stop me, my Schnorkie looks behind us to see what is chasing us, its the funniest thing! My German Shepard just enjoys the running. They make me laugh and make our outside walks fun.

Happy Walking Everyone!

Impressive! Any hints you can share involving your knee.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    10.5/100

8 mile golfing this morning. I am sore but I am still hoping we golf tomorrow too. We had 30 mile an hour wind gust and my goodness my legs and abs are on fire. Ice, rest, water and repeat. LOL
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    2/35. Walked 1 mile with Leslie today, using the hand weights.
    It's currently snowing outside.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    April goal

April 2 - 4.7 miles - 10332 steps (2/10)
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    2/35. Walked 1 mile with Leslie today, using the hand weights.
    It's currently snowing outside.

eeekkkk!!!!!that "s" word!!! It is in our forecast for tomorrow (Monday) and my outdoor walking trail is drying up so ice....
  • balesschroeder
    balesschroeder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just rejoining group and read the inspirational posts. I have done Leslie's DVDs on and off all my life and just love her. I will commit to 30 miles in my first month. I will check in. So great to see this forum!!!!
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So I fell off the walking wagon these last couple of months. I am ready to get back after it again. I am going to shoot for a modest 20 miles for this month.
  • hollyhock1009
    Options
    3/35.
    I had planned to take today off from exercising, but instead I just put my coat on and went out, and got in a mile of walking. It's super-cold and windy, and we're expecting more snow tonight. I came home with an ear ache.
    My son and daughter-in-law did a 5 k run this AM (along with 3000+ others), so I figured that if they can do that, I can at least walk a mile.
    Sounds like we might be getting 6-8 inches of snow overnight. Ugh!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    16.5/100
    6 more miles while golfing this afternoon. I need to rest for a few days. There are a few more walkers joining us....Welcome all and walk strong!