Gave in to bread

Options
joolieb1
joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
Really felt healthier and losing weight again after being stuck. But then I gave into bread again, one slice at a time and stopped counting calories lying to myself I could do this! Several pounds crept back on but my spare tyre is back, seems like bread is my biggest enemy in feeling good. Why is it so hard to just relax and eat sensibly, I have a compulsion to make bad choices. Still, here we go, today is a new day, no bread at breakfast time, went for a 5k run and determined to be focussed! Julie

Replies

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    1/2 the battle is recognizing where you're failures are - the other 1/2 is fixing them. So onward with that, fix it up. It's a new month today, make a goal and stick with it! You can do it ;)
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I always wonder if trying to keep calories low while eating low carb creates a potential issue for being able to resist these kinds of temptations. ???
    I definitely did low calorie in the beginning and for a long time, only recently changing my mindset about it. I was able to hold firm the whole time, but I seriously ate a lot of fat too... Maybe another way to stay strong against temptation?
    Plus I developed a way of seeing high carb foods as "not food". Which I probably credit the most. But if I were hungry, I don't know if that would've worked as well..
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @joolieb1 the only thing that worked for me was just to leave sugar and all forms of grain cold turkey 1.5 years ago to kill my physical craving for carbs.

I took the approach of @Sunny_Bunny_ to a new level I guess. Mentally I came to see most carbs as toxic which was factual in my case.

In the end it was the deprived factor. I came to no longer feeling deprived without most carbs because I saw carbs as depriving me of both longevity and quality of life.

That was when I realized the way I eat was 100% mental so I have 100% control of what I put in my mouth. That was not what I did for my first 63 years and paid a huge price in many ways.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, why not make yourself some LCHF friendly bread so that if you can't resist the temptation of bread, then at least you will have something that you can safely eat that will not derail all your hard work and weight loss efforts while at the same time allowing you to indulge in what feels like a treat...? Seems like a win-win to me!

http://lowcarbediem.com/low-carb-soul-bread-recipes/