Lifting without a gym!?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I work out at home too. For under $70 I bought a bench and 100lb barbell set from Walmart. I've added a squat rack, that my hubby bought me for my birthday. Also a few extra weight plates and a 13lb bar. It's set up in my spare bedroom.
  • newyorkcitymom
    newyorkcitymom Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got the Your Body is a Gym app for $2.99 and LOVE it! I don't think its a substitute for a serious heavy lifting program (though I haven't tried any of the programs to be fair), but it's grwat for motivation and getting started. You can choose a quick workout and the time you want to do (as little as 2 min or much longer) and the level of difficulty. It Spits out the body weight moves, plays videos of them and guides you through the routine. It means if I have 5 min while cooking dinner, I can squeeze in 4 minutes. Or I can try to do 2-3 10 min workouts throughout the day. It adds up, I can feel it in my muscles and it's so easy to fit into my day that it's easy to get it done. Works with my general "I can do anything for 10 min" mantra (got me through a home birth of a 9lb baby).

Also, you can combine with going to a playground and utilizing equipment there for tougher moves - eg, you can find a bar for pull-ups, which are a great upper body move; you can also find platforms for push-ups and step-ups. If you have kids this is great to work in when you take them to the playground - they can play and you can get a workout in.
  • sweetmandygreeneyez
    Options
    Fitness blender is a free site with lots of strength training full workout videos. You can apply the filter to what area you'd like to work on, duration and level of difficulty. I use them almost daily!