Under 100 days, gotta get in gear!

Options
RhiannonBecks
RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
Hey ladies,

So I am usually active with my Fit Body boot Camp *think HIIT workouts, 30 min intense* However, I have been doing PT this past month for a torn labrum/FAI/IT band stuff (Yikes!) So I am a bit more limited on what I can do on the lower half of my body and have had to put my membership on hold until my ortho releases me.

I am officially under 100 days now until my wedding! July 9th is the big day. My lack of workouts this past 1.5 months haven't helped, nor has the giving up on eating right (i'll be fixing that this weekend when I restock my house with good health stuff!).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried 'Bridalicious Boot camp'? Or really, any other at home workouts that you really enjoyed? I read a lot of great reviews on Amazon about the bridal boot camp and found it for 5$ on Ebay, so figured I would give it a shot.

I am thinking long term as well here, but lets be honest, right now my short term goal is to feel healthy and in shape on my wedding day/honeymoon.

I am 5'10.5, CW: 170 Ultimate Goal weight: Right around 160 -2/3# at most ( I was down to 145 about 1.5 yrs ago and it was too small for me, even doctor agreed that I should be high 150's to mid 160's).

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I did Billy Blanks tae bo that I enjoyed, but had issues with resistance bands breaking and a lot isn't much without resistance. I currently use more Jillian Michaels, I prefer ripped in 30 to 30 day shred because I like the no more than 30 sec on a specific exercise. That said, I think you can get the full 30 day shred for free off of youtube if you can workout off a computer screen or hook your computer to your tv. But these are still kind of high intensity if you're not supposed to be doing that stuff...

Maybe pilates would be something to help with toning, but something less high impact while you're recovering.

Exciting being down to the last few months! I'm 3 weeks behind you.
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yoga, pilates is good.
    Billy Blanks is good.
    Insanity program is tough but gets good results.

Never under estimate the power of walking either.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    I tride the bridalicious' bootcamp tonight and it was actually a great workout! It's 5 min warm up, 30 mins interval workout and then 5 min cool down (disc 1 anyway) looking forward to see what my results are in 90 days! :)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Cool. Keep the group posted how it goes.
  • purebells
    Options
    Do they have post bride boot camp?!
    I can see me slacking off on the honeymoon and needing to lose!
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    I don't think they do, but you could of course just do the discs again. There are 8 discs total and it is supposed to be over the course of 90 days. So we will see how each disc varies!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my Day Counter and I'm at 154 days...I can't imagine being at under 100!

I'm curious about your bridal boot camp video too! Hope you are still liking it!

I've got some old Tae Bo too and love Jillian Michaels--I own several of her DVDs I often forget that I have those DVDs and maybe need to remember more frequently, my problem is I live in a condo and there is a nice older lady that lives below me--I don't think she'd appreciate the jumping around above her or at least I am worried about if she would or not, if only I could find a place to do my home workouts and not worry about that!

• purebells
    Options
    I am 14 days to go....motivation is gone!!!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Aaaargh, I'm on 49 days and am struggling to stay on track! Don't want to sabotage my efforts now!!
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    @MsMarlaJean , I did the Bridal Bootcamp video 5x last week and I actually really enjoy it. I still have to modify some of the exercises bc I cant do squats/lunges right now, but I just do ab stuff or hip strengthening during that time frame. I am nice & sweaty when I am done that's for sure. The trainer is pretty cheesey -he shouts out stuff like Sweating for the wedding and some other corny stuff, but it really isn't bothersome, lol. The nice thing is that it isn't about pace or keeping up with the 3 girls on the DVD, its about how many quality reps in each set. 30 Mins does fly by.

I am only weighing myself in bi-weekly Mondays bc I get too obsessed or caught up on a number, but I know I worked out Saturday and my arms are still a wee sore this morning!

If you look on Amazon you can get a brand new Bridalicious Bootcamp DVD set for 5$ or under. It has 8 discs. I am still on disc 1.

88 days to go!!!

@purebells --you probably have so much other stuff going on with last minute preps its hard to stay focused & motivated!

@fitfor30th-- I just keep thinking about the Honeymoon to keep me going!!

• MsMarlaJean
    edited April 2016
    Options
    150 days to go! AHHHHHHH!!! :open_mouth:

Sorry, lost it for a second :wink:

I may go and check out the bride dvd on Amazon...how's it going? Still doing well @Rhiannon0816 ? I was until April got here and this month :-1:

• RhiannonBecks
    Options
    @MsMarlaJean , I really do enjoy the video. I have only done it 1x this week tho as it was a busy schedule w/ physical therapy and some other planned things, so a little bummed about that. I am going to try doing each disc for a week and a half and move up to the next one so I can get through all 9 discs! I personally think if you are looking for a workout at home, for 5$ on amazon, you cant beat it. :)

Oh, and PS, I here you about April, my eating has just not been the best at all. I need to focus, focus, focus. I have a feeling the closer we get to our 'big day', focusing will be harder & harder.

So thankful I found you ladies who are going through the same thing!!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    93 days. Yikes! I'm getting back on track with diet, but not the gym and really need to put in some effort. I would really like my arms to have a little less flab.
  • MsMarlaJean
    edited April 2016
    Options
    WHOA! 93 days @brisingr86 and @Rhiannon0816 only 74-75 more days right?? I'm so excited for all of you getting so close!!!

and @purebells so anxious to hear/see how your wonderful day went! it was this past weekend wasn't it?

and @fitfor30th you are almost at the month marker with 33 days to go!! WOW!

Oh and Sarah, I hear ya on the arm thing, I REALLY would like a little more definition in my upper arm, I'm not a big fan of my upper arms, gonna see about adding more body weigh strength into my workouts for the next 136 days! I am not anxious to get under 100 days, it seems the closer I get the faster the time goes!!
  • NicoleDlugosz
    NicoleDlugosz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have Bridealicious Bootcamp and its a pretty good workout. I do find the workouts a bit repetitive, though. I haven't gotten through them all, yet. I need to combine with other workouts to keep from getting bored. Honestly, I thought Bridealicious would have more of a "cheese" factor (think original Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey haha) but its actually pretty good and a serious workout. The trainer is likeable and decently motivating. I like that it gives modifications to the workouts. I do like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 DVDs, as well.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    I have been doing it now for a bit and haven't gotten too bored, the minimal cheese factor hasn't bothered me too much! I have been release to go back to the gym w/ modifications & low impact, so I actually started back at the gym this past week, so getting back into that and havent been doing my DVD as much. WOW do I feel the difference tho!

-- 66 days ladies...it seems like i just started this post a week or two ago! Hope everyone's planning is going smoothly, I feel like I've been MIA the past week or so...Its been busy. My Bridal shower is on Saturday. EEK!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    I have 99 days until our wedding! :open_mouth:
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    tomorrow is the 3 month marker :neutral:

How is everyone else doing?
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Hi Ladies, its been SO LONG, almost 2 months (SO sorry) I had a set back with my hip but am doing better and didn't gain any weight so feeling good! I have 8 days until the wedding! SO excited, its finally feeling REALLY REAL! I hope everyone has been well and planning has been going great too! @MsMarlaJean I love the new picture btw! :)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the set back, but glad it didn't derail weight maintenance. Hope the last 8 days go smoothly and you have a wonderful wedding. I'm 28 days. I'm sure it's going to fly by. Don't forget to come back and share some pics after the wedding!