One Year Ketoversary!

KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
I've been keto for one year as of yesterday, April 1st!! The year has been full of celebrations, especially when I began to realize the health benefits! I'm working again, when I didn't even imagine that I ever would have again! I've dropped from a size 22/24 to a 12, weight began at 231, and is now 177.4 (an all new low to celebrate!)!!

It's had its struggles too though! First was just learning this woe! Wish I had known how easy it becomes, and not stressed over it so much! Second was realizing (accepting) that sucralose (Splenda) makes me gain weight! I still miss the sugar free syrup in my coffee! Third was accepting the scale for the liar it is and not allowing it to dictate my food choices! Stalls happen, and scale increases can happen without changing macros! Not fun, but stay the course I have! I'm so glad I did!

This picture represents my first profile picture when I began last year, and then last week in Jamaica!

7jbul7mfjbvt.jpeg

I can say that I owe my success to mfp, and this group! I continue to learn from all of you, daily!! Mods, you rock!! Members, I love you all, and am proud to call you all my friends!!

Replies

• JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Way to go! Your progress is so inspiring and I *love* that you listed your struggles- as someone who is still pretty new to LCHF, it's really encouraging to hear other folks have gone through what I'm going through (SF syrups, Splenda, etc caused my very first weight gain last week.)
    The difference in your photos is astounding- you look 20 years younger! I can't say enough how inspiring this is. Thank you for posting :smiley:
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Congratulations and happy keto day!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    That's a WORLD of difference, Karla, and you look great! Congratulations! It's been a privilege to follow along with your progress; thank you for sharing it with us. I am so encouraged to keep following in your footsteps. :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Woohoo, happy ketoversary!!
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Wow! That is amazing & inspiring!!! (And I love hearing about the Splenda too - I just gave it up).
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Happy ketoversary!!!! And congratulations on your success. This woe certainly makes things easier and actually doable, but it still takes hard work, dedication and commitment. Thank you for being an inspiration!
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    You look great! Great job!
  • carsonheim
    carsonheim Posts: 79 Member
    Wow! Thanks for the inspiration. I've been on Keto for 5 weeks and love it. I'm a slow loser compared to others -- down about 8.5 lbs in 5 weeks, but slowly plugging along. Looking forward to my one year ketoversary and having a similar outcome!! Congrats!
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    You look AMAZING!!! Happy 1st ketoversary and many more!

Ps
    I'm going to start a new thread about Sucrolose/Splenda because I'm interested in find out out how some of you found out it was a problem.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    CONGRATS!!!

Happy Ketoversary!!! :wink:
    img_1936.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Happy Ketoversary! I love Ketoversaries!
    Your progress is fantastic and your journey is inspiring!
    And I'm super jealous that you were in Jamaica last week! :wink:
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    What an amazing difference ... you give us all hope. Happy Ketoversary!
  • SueMizzou2
    SueMizzou2 Posts: 9 Member
    Happy ketoversary. Best wishes for another productive keto year
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Well done! The difference in your photos is amazing! All of your hard work and listening to your body is certainly paying off.

-Betsy
  • mao1962
    mao1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Happy Ketoversary!!! Very inspiring post;)
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Congrats!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Amazing :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Yay! You look fantastic. What a difference a year makes. :) Congrats!
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    paulasymingtonmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Wow your looking fantastic girl . Well done .