Everything in moderation

Options
2»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Hedonistic behaviour is usually not beneficial in the long term in anything, including food choices.
    Hey now! Are you saying I have to give up orgies AND carbs?! :wink:

Just kidding!

Don't forget to eat back your exercise calories after your next orgy!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

yes. I don't think people should be able to eat whatever they want. That's part of the reason that my health took a hit. I think people should moderate or cut out many behaviours, and not just in their food habits. Hedonistic behaviour is usuallynot beneficial in the long term in anything, including food choices.

I feel like I am eating what I want. I've started wanting leafy greens, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and green beans, and I like it that way. I feel sad for the people who need to go out of their way to tell me that the way I eat is sad.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Hedonistic behaviour is usually not beneficial in the long term in anything, including food choices.

Just kidding!

Everything in moderation!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :D Bawawahahaha!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Just kidding!

Everything in moderation!

Rotflmao!!! That's awesome :smiley:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    :D
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    This is a good reminder - I'm back after two weeks carb binging. I can't do moderation. So ashamed of myself, can't bring myself to look on the scale. As others have said, if I did moderation, I wouldn't have got to where I am.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can´t deal with "everything in moderation" at all. I will just eat all of it and keep going, ugh.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Just kidding!

No, that's throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Therapeutic orgies (vs. those hedonistic ones) are fine - particularly if you use olive oil, butter, or coconut oil.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    They will never know the freedom of eating to live rather than living to eat. And they will never know that eating to live does not mean you eat gross, unsatisfying food.

Haha! I've seen your food pix. >drool <

I do love good food! I'm just not willing to make a deal with the devil for it :wink:
    Glad I don't have to since I get all kinds of yummy stuff!

You'll even stay perpetually young without Lucifer's intervention if you keep eating well!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I tried "moderation". I had myself convinced that I could eat whatever I wanted if I didn't eat much! I had my head in the sand with the belief that deprivation led to overeating! My "moderation" saw me to 318 pounds! I don't think there are many who can use this concept and stay healthy. For those like me it's not effective! There isn't a switch to turn it off once I begin!

You guys have given me a good laugh! Lol! :blush:

@ totaloblivia, you're here! Jump back on the wagon and get r done! You have the knowledge, and ability! :smiley:

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @PaleoInScotland you said what I was thinking, and here I thought I was the only person on this generally very PG-rated forum (not G because mild poop content) who had a dirty mind. I know better now. Thank you.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I tried moderation and I stayed within my calorie goal but I was starving all the time. Plus I could never lose more than around 5 maybe 10 pounds max and then permanently stall. I had actually given up on weight loss altogether and started this way of eating to see if it improved my RA symptoms. Then surprisingly I lost 25 pounds!
  • mao1962
    mao1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I always find it funny that people who discuss moderation and a healthy balanced diet are using the one macro that has no minimum essential intake as the anchor to their balanced diet.

I think until the governments get on board with reducing carb inatke (the highly processed and sugar added foods foremost) the average person is not going to accept that fat is fine and (refined) carbs could be the problem (at least for some).

I've had people start saying to me, "You look healthier and have lost weight, but when are you gooing back to a normal diet?" I know they mean baked goods and grains mostly - I am not getting my 5-7 servings per day. LOL

I also have this experience and my response is if I am feeling better and am losing weight why would I want to go back to a " normal" diet? This WOE has become my new normal.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    @PaleoInScotland you said what I was thinking, and here I thought I was the only person on this generally very PG-rated forum (not G because mild poop content) who had a dirty mind. I know better now. Thank you.

I had to reread the comment several times to make sure that I was reading it correctly...