We made it past day 1

Options
DeniseB0711
DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
And today I am very hungry. Please making this first 14 days fly by. I already miss fruit and bread.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Add beans.
    And, keep in mind that not everyone needs to do phase 1, according to updated versions of the book. I don't know the situation with your family. You can start with phase 2 if you don't have a lot to lose, and/or don't have cravings.
    Be sure you're eating enough.
    Eat snacks between each meal.

If you're doing phase 1 think:
    breakfast: protein and veg (maybe some beans), eggs and asparagus, or beans and eggs
    snack: string cheese, V8, something like that
    lunch: protein and veg (maybe some beans), a big salad and a hunk of fish or something
    snack: see above
    dinner: protein and veg, see above
    dessert: something SB friendly

Try to get a half a cup of beans in (black, pinto, refries etc) each day.
    good luck!
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    LOL. We need phase I. I just posted about our terrible pizza addiction. It isn't a joke.

This morning I made really nice omelet and totally forgot the 1/2 cup of spinach. I am going to toss up a half cup of raw spinach yogurt dressing and sunflower seeds as a mid morning snack.

• silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Beans really do help, as do nuts--both are filling, and I find nuts to be a real treat if I'm feeling deprived. I love pistachio nuts, and they're easy to count. I'm not quite sure about walnuts, another favorite. The book says 1 serving is 15, but I buy walnut pieces, so I'm thinking that's about 1/4 cup. Anyway, you do have to count nuts.
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Beans really do help, as do nuts--both are filling, and I find nuts to be a real treat if I'm feeling deprived. I love pistachio nuts, and they're easy to count. I'm not quite sure about walnuts, another favorite. The book says 1 serving is 15, but I buy walnut pieces, so I'm thinking that's about 1/4 cup. Anyway, you do have to count nuts.

Thanks. Beans are on my list for this evening. We cannot do a lot of bean meals as my son is allergic to them. HE can eat Chickpeas and Green Peas fine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Thanks. Beans are on my list for this evening. We cannot do a lot of bean meals as my son is allergic to them. HE can eat Chickpeas and Green Peas fine.

Chickpeas would be great too, and black soybeans, if you eat soy.
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Made it through Day 2. I asked my kid if his lunch box had enough to eat, as you can see below it doesn't look like a lot of food. He said that it was more than enough and he wasn't hungry.

B: 2 Eggs, 1oz Cheese
    Snack: 1 cup baby Spinach, Sunflower Seeds, and Olives, with a skim milk and yogurt ranch dressing (I will not be eating this again, it was gross)
    Lunch; 1 Cup Broccoli, 1/2 Cup Sugar Snap Peas, Roasted Turkey Breast, Lean Uncured Salami, Cheese, Yogurt Dip, and Hummus
    Snack: .5 oz of Cashews and low Fat string Cheese
    Dinner 4oz Sirloin Steak, 1 Cup Brussels Sprouts, Black Beans, and Iceberg Lettuce Salad with Avacado and Tomatoes dressed in Skim Milk and Yogurt ranch dressing
    Dessert: Sugar Free Fudgescicle
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Made it through Day 2. I asked my kid if his lunch box had enough to eat, as you can see below it doesn't look like a lot of food. He said that it was more than enough and he wasn't hungry.

Snack: 1 cup baby Spinach, Sunflower Seeds, and Olives, with a skim milk and yogurt ranch dressing (I will not be eating this again, it was gross)
    Lunch; 1 Cup Broccoli, 1/2 Cup Sugar Snap Peas, Roasted Turkey Breast, Lean Uncured Salami, Cheese, Yogurt Dip, and Hummus
    Dinner 4oz Sirloin Steak, 1 Cup Brussels Sprouts, Black Beans, and Iceberg Lettuce Salad with Avacado and Tomatoes dressed in Skim Milk and Yogurt ranch dressing

Looks great!!
  • silvergirl33
    Options

Looks good to me too! Congratulations on making it through Day 2. I'm cheering for you.
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Survived another delicious day! Which included cheese scrammbled eggs, mixed nuts, West African Red Red (black eye peas stewed in tomatoes and spices) Turkey bacon, avocado, jerked chicken, parmesean cauliflower and sauteed green beans. ..and coffee with half and half.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Survived another delicious day! Which included cheese scrammbled eggs, mixed nuts, West African Red Red (black eye peas stewed in tomatoes and spices) Turkey bacon, avocado, jerked chicken, parmesean cauliflower and sauteed green beans. ..and coffee with half and half.

The black eyed peas sounds delicious!!
  • DeniseB0711
    Options

The black eyed peas sounds delicious!!

oh..They are!
  • DeniseB0711
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yesterday was rough....but I made it better.
    Yesterday I had to go out of town for work. I was supposed to be presenting at the some pre luncheon activities and needed to make it an hour away by 10:30AM. I still do things the way I did when I was a college student...presentations are done at the last minute....and this one was an old school tri fold board for a table presentation. I think you get what happened. I was up at 4:30AM to make it happen, plus before leaving town I had an early business meeting. All things combined I ended up only having a handful of mixed nuts and some cheese for breakfast. By the time the lunch was actually served I was starving...the meal was actually good.....luckily one of my veg friends didn't want his chicken and I didn't want my rice. So we traded.
    But then came the torture, I saw them from a across the room...Red Velvet Cake!!! Oh Dear Lord, my knees haven't been this weak in ages. I made a conscious decision to just say "NO" when the waitress came around. I cannot tell you just how hard that was...but said no...and then my table neighbors on the right and the left said yes. I am going to tell you guys this is one of the few times where my will power was tested..and will power runs out. If I were a mortal kombat character getting pounded by Goro my power level would be down by about 60%. Yeah...that close.
    To make matters worse for me, I was also very tired after waking up so darn early and thus my hunger was WAY WAY UP (funny how when you are tired you tend to get hungry). I made it home after having a medium cup of my favorite coffee which the venue served.
    Fast forward I got home and raided the fridge of hummus, cheese, and peas....hunger satisfied....and then I threw together some london broil. IT is was inspired by a recipe I Found online...but I never actually follow those. IT WAS THE BEST london Broil I have EVER eaten. I Told my spouse the next time I make this london broil I am putting in the crock pot to make tacos with.
    Here's is the recipe;

PreheatL Oven Safe skillet on the Stove top
    Preheat over to 350

2lb London Broil
    1 Jar Salsa
    1 can mild green chilies
    1 Fresh Green Pepper
    3 tablespoons Cumin
    black Pepper
    Salt

Cut up green pepper into strips and set aside. Place the london broil into the preheated skillet. When the bottom sears, add Cumin, Black Pepper and Salt. Let cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the London Broil, searing the seasoned side. On top of the london broil, dump the green chilies and salsa (layer, do not mix). Toss in the green peppers around the meat. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and let cook 1.5 to 2 hours (or put in a large crock pot on low heat for up to 8 hours).

Denise

• silvergirl33
    Options
    Congratulations on managing to turn lemons into lemonade (sugar-free, of course :) ). You made it through a rough day and triumphed over the challenges. Luckily, most days are not this hard, so hang in there.
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Week One is Done and OVER!!! Now on to week 2.
    So far I am down 4lbs. :D I Feel better, except for the part where yesterday I left the house without any snacks and ended up paying for an eight dollar vegetarian salad...translation box of lettuce.
    so far today I have had Turkey bacon and Egg Omelet, Chopped salad with Romaine and Spinach, tomatoes and cucumber...with olive oil and tiny splash of Balsamic. I am looking forward to dinner.....what ever that might be.

Denise
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Week One is Done and OVER!!! Now on to week 2.
    So far I am down 4lbs. :D I Feel better, except for the part where yesterday I left the house without any snacks and ended up paying for an eight dollar vegetarian salad...translation box of lettuce.
    so far today I have had Turkey bacon and Egg Omelet, Chopped salad with Romaine and Spinach, tomatoes and cucumber...with olive oil and tiny splash of Balsamic. I am looking forward to dinner.....what ever that might be.

Denise

Four pounds is awesome! Well done!