Omad

Options
shardaycota
shardaycota Posts: 26 Member
Week 2 down 1 lb. Week 1 down 4 lb .Omg the first week was Rough! Headach, brain fogg, crabby, and shaky. But the second week it all cleared I could feel my body adjusted. I can say IT'S WORTH IT. I feel ...free.. I understand see why some don't make it past the 1st week but if u do and u CAN, you'll be rewarded! omad is almost like you earn your food and that one meal is so satisfying and taste like it should (amaaaaziiinggg).im kinda scarfing down my one meal tho lol i have to remind my self to slow down lollol. Hunger pains don't really bother me, meaning i can get through them .I mean I'm human so of course right?.today is suppose to be a my splurge day but I'm thinking I might wait untill the 20th of April because of a festival I'm going to.?? I finaly just got to a satisfied weight I feel like I would throw it off with a splurge day and plus I'm still losing... no platue .yet.maybe a cheat meal .sushi mmmm.

"IF it's easy it won't be worth it, if it's worth it,it won't be easy" :wink: :smiley:

Replies

• Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good job on your last two weeks! I agree with the first week being rough but after that it is cake.

I think waiting until the 20th for your cheat day is a good idea, get into a nice deficit. The good news is you can have sushi whenever you want; just add it to your meal. No need to keep it from yourself. Have a great night and look forward to reading more about your success!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the right idea, Sharday. It feels good to be in control!
  • shardaycota
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just wrote a huge post I wanted to share with everyone and it got deleted :'(:'(
  • shardaycota
    Options
    :'(:'(
  • shardaycota
    Options
    Mfp is not posting all of my posts, just a portion . Whyyyyy
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Uh oh. Did you post an off-site link or link to a video? They may have put you on MOD Preview where they read and decide to approve anything you post because posting to something off-site violates the TOS for MFP. We can only do that here.

Other than that, I can't think of why that would be.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    There should be NO issues whatsoever here.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have had big chunks of posts disappear. Others have had the same problem. What we had in common was using "emoji" from a mobile phone and MFP seems to cut the post off wherever an emoji from a mobile phone is used. I am not certain if this is the situation with your posts; but perhaps it is. I hope you come back. I'm also a new person at OMAD. Take care :)
  • shardaycota
    Options
    Omg that HAS to be it ! I totally did.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Omg that HAS to be it ! I totally did.

I hope you come back and post. Just avoid the emojis. I will make the smiley face by using the ":" and ")" and it doesn't seem to cut off my text... but I don't use anything else (keyboard combinations or actual emojis). Take care :). Elizabeth Maryam
  • TheOriginalBeauty
    TheOriginalBeauty Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are right the first week is hard, I am on day 4!!! Day 3 was HELL!!! I can not wait until I have the rewards from OMAD!!! Do you have a lot to lose?
  • shardaycota
    Options
    No not at. I'm 121.0. 5'7 and day 29 today. All last week I was experimenting with how high I could get my calories and carbs (dont do low carb ) with out gaining . Lol it was preeetty fun and I still lost . What does it for me is the fact that I get to kinda eat whatever I want . I come from a background of being restrictive (Clean eating , calorie counting , working out not allowing treats ect.) I tend to get a Lil ocd about what ever it is I'm doing, i gotta be carful. So this allows me to be ....free .. and eat like ive always wanted to without feeling guilty. Plus i dont work out as much, im on my feet all day at work anyway, (im a batender ) so i figure thats plenty. For now. At this point It's not about weightloss anymore (I have been over weight before tho) ..119 is my goal but I go by how my body feels and looks not the number on the scale.. just get past 7 days ..it's all mental . And really when it comes down to it , it's easy. your mind is ur only war zone.
  • shardaycota
    Options
    Don't workout too much.
  • shardaycota
    Options
    You are right the first week is hard, I am on day 4!!! Day 3 was HELL!!! I can not wait until I have the rewards from OMAD!!! Do you have a lot to lose?

• shardaycota
    Options
    So weird ..sooooo, I have noticed that since I started omad slowly but surely, dark circles under my eyes are appearing? Maybe deficiency of some sort?
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that dark circles are due to seasonal allergies - coincident, maybe?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    To make sure I get my nutrients, I eat a whey protein smoothie and take multi-vitamins/minerals every evening. I also make sure I eat some kind of unrefined or little refined grain product like whole wheat bread. I will also eat fruit (with smoothie usually) and will eat cooked vegetables and a salad.

I eat tell full each night and usually do that twice in my eating window of about 3 hours.

I've noticed that when I eat the protein and other stuff and eat tell full that it is much easier to fast the next day. I don't count cals anymore and haven't for a long time but when I did I would be putting down about 1800 - 2400 cals in my 3-hr window. I exercised a fair amount also and I lost a lot of weight (about 3-lbs a week for the 1st few months).

This last month I've not done the diet much and have been doing more like a 16:8 type of IF. Some of that was due to a weeks vacation, being on a week long business trip, and then just getting out of the habit. I didn't lose much this last month but maintained and didn't gain either. I'm back at it this week, following my routine above (except a lot of exercise since I'm a little injured right now) and am within 1-lb of all time low for last 8-months.

41lbs lost in about 8-months.